BT ADSL (2Mb) w/ Voyager 100 USB - frequent dropouts

Old March 22nd 05, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

Default BT ADSL (2Mb) w/ Voyager 100 USB - frequent dropouts

I guess the subject says it all really... My connection was
recently upgraded to 2Mb, but every now and again the
connection with just terminate. It's pretty much guarenteed
to fall over at least once every hour.

My machine is more than suited to the requirements,
but this issue has been plaguing me pretty much from
day one. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks folks.

Old March 22nd 05, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

fred wrote:
I guess the subject says it all really... My connection was
recently upgraded to 2Mb, but every now and again the
connection with just terminate. It's pretty much guarenteed
to fall over at least once every hour.

My machine is more than suited to the requirements,
but this issue has been plaguing me pretty much from
day one. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks folks.

Has your line been tested locally, it could be a SNR problem, hell it could
even be the fact that the line can't support 2Mb...

Have you tried your service just using the test socket in the back of your
NTE5 (without resorting to plugin extensions to get the line to the PC, you
have to take the PC to the NTE5)...