Problem connecting with BT

Old March 23rd 05, 12:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

Default Problem connecting with BT

In within
uk.telecom.broadband, 'Davey' wrote:

Every time I try to get back online, (by clicking on the BTYahoo icon)
it asks for user/username & password/ click to connect.
Great. Do all this, but then a DUN box pops up, asking for the same
info.
If I either fill it in and click OK, or cancel it out, it just kills
the connection, and asks for the username and pass again.
This is constantly repeated and I cannot connect.
It seems like there's something else taking over and tring to connect
via DUN.

Are the DUN options set to 'never dial a connection'? If not, have you
tried setting them that way?

Any suggestions (short of reloading Windows (98SE)) would be welcome.

Bolt on a router/modem combo? g

Delete all entries and uninstall / reinstall just the DUN part?
(Add/Remove programs - windows components IIRC)

Incidentally, it would have been quicker to reload Windows, apart from
the fact all his driver disks *have gone missing*

If you have a working connection (by ignoring the DUN box) then you could
(if all else fails) presumably download the relevant drivers and put them
in a safe place ready for a full reinstall, but your problem doesn't sound
severe enough to warrant that.

--
Dave Johnson -
Old March 24th 05, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CGA

"Davey" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:38:30 +0000, Dave J wrote:

[...]

Thanks very much for your reply Dave,

I'll reset those DUN options (I think they're down to always dial my
default connection at the moment.
As for the *delete all entries* suggestion, I'll also try that to try
and get rid of all the garbage which has been put on. It seems that
the BT Yahoo thing has taken over everything.
Will let you know what happens.
--

Take the dog out to reply by email

You could also try downloading the drivers for the modem alone & getting
rid of the BTY nonsense.