Completely replace software firewall with hardware firewall?

Old March 23rd 05, 01:09 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband,alt.computer.security,comp.security.firewalls
donnie

Default Completely replace software firewall with hardware firewall?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:43:04 GMT, Sandi wrote:

My head is spinning with all the configuration rules and exceptions
which need configuring for a software firewall.

##############################
If your head was spinning then, I'm sure it's spinning more with all
the answers that you received. I have a linksys router which
someone already recommended. I have no antivirus at all and no
software firewall and I have no problems. The last time I updated and
ran spybot, it said, congratulations, no problems were found.
The router w/ some common sense goes a long way. Some of those
common sense things are, don't click on attachments unless you TOLD
someone to send it to you. Don't open it just because you know the
person. Talk to them first.
Other than that, I never run activex in the browser and I limit
javascripting. From time to time I look in the registry. Trojans and
the like hide in certain places. Learn them. Run netstat -an Pay
attention to the foriegn address column.
Those things along w/ a few others keeps my head from spining like
yours.
donnie