Plusnet Static IP Address changed

Old March 23rd 05, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

Default Plusnet Static IP Address changed

I'm with Plusnet and found I couldn't access any sites / email for a while.
Eventually I had a look at my routers (Vigor 2600) online status page and
noticed my static IP address had changed. After a reboot all was back to
normal including the IP address.

Out of curiosity how would this address have changed?

Cheers

Steven.

Old March 23rd 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:01:47 -0000, Steven Campbell
wrote:

I'm with Plusnet and found I couldn't access any sites / email for a
while.
Eventually I had a look at my routers (Vigor 2600) online status page and
noticed my static IP address had changed. After a reboot all was back to
normal including the IP address.

Out of curiosity how would this address have changed?

Cheers

Steven.

If the connection is dropped from us but you are still connected to BT,
you can get assigned a BT test IP address, which cannot be used for
browsing/email etc. When you disconnected and reconnected it will have
authenticated with us and given you your normal IP address.

The dropping connection was most likely to have been caused by the load
balancing we did today, please see http://status.plus.net for more
information.