Newbie Question

Old March 23rd 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Thomas

Default Newbie Question

If I change to broadband, would it still be possible to connect an old
system fitted with an ordinary dial up modem to the BT line if I needed to?

Thanks
Roger Thomas

Old March 23rd 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:03:56 -0000, "Roger Thomas"
wrote:

If I change to broadband, would it still be possible to connect an old
system fitted with an ordinary dial up modem to the BT line if I needed to?

yes, via the phone port of a microfilter. Very common, esp for faxing.

Phil

Old March 23rd 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

wrote:

If I change to broadband, would it still be possible to connect an old
system fitted with an ordinary dial up modem to the BT line if I needed to?

yes, via the phone port of a microfilter. Very common, esp for faxing.

Phil

However you can run more than one PC off a Broadband service using a router.

"dialup speeds at Broadband prices" - what the hell does this mean?

David Bradley

Old March 24th 05, 07:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

"dialup speeds at Broadband prices" - what the hell does this mean?
I think he was having a dig at Tiscali

Old March 24th 05, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:35:03 +0000, David Bradley
wrote:

"dialup speeds at Broadband prices" - what the hell does this mean?

its a reversal of a Tiscali advertisisng slogan that reflects some
user experiences of Tiscali broadband.

Phil