TalkTalk

Old March 24th 05, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default TalkTalk

I am thinking of signing up to TalkTalk. It is offering 1mg broadband
with unlimited download plus free off peak landline phone calls for
14.99 per month. My question is there any better value broadband
providers available.

http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?...99458&g=578368

Old March 24th 05, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DJC

The below is part of their terms and conditions, where u will also see MANY
spelling mistakes!
but if you use p2p at all then maybe its not for u

------------------

9. What are P2P ports?
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) ports are used by file sharing system such as KaZaA,
Morpheus, Grokster, Gnutella, LimeWire, WinMX, or eDonkey2000 to download
large amounts of data.
A small number of heavy P2P users can utilise a significant proportion of
available bandwidth. This can result in a significantly degraded quality of
service for other users.

9.1 Does TalkTalk allow P2P downloading?

TalkTalk allows the use of P2P software, however, it does not condone its
use where subsequent file sharing breaches applicable local laws and
regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, those principles of law
which protect against compromise of copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary
information and other intellectual property rights, libel or defamation of
character, invasion of privacy, tortuous interference.

9.2 Does TalkTalk block P2P ports?

No, TalkTalk broadband does not block ports used by P2P file sharing
systems.

9.3 Does TalkTalk broadband prioritise traffic generated by P2P software?

TalkTalk broadband may use network controls to prioritise traffie generated
by web browsing, email and music downloads over that generated by with P2P
file sharing systems where it is found that it affects the bandwidth of
other broadband users.

9.4 Why does TalkTalk put network controls in place with P2P networks?

TalkTalk owes a duty to all our Broadband users to both preserve network
integrity and avoid network degradation. If, in our reasonable opinion, we
believe P2P usage has, or may adversely affect, such network integrity or
may cause network degradation for the majority of users we may control the
transmission speed of selected ports.

9.5 Does TalkTalk use network controls to affect gaming or other legitimate
download services?

The tachniques used to control the network should not affect legitmate
download, chat, instant messaging or gaming services.

oups.com...

Old March 24th 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JPG

On 24 Mar 2005 01:45:46 -0800, wrote:

I am thinking of signing up to TalkTalk. It is offering 1mg broadband
with unlimited download plus free off peak landline phone calls for
14.99 per month. My question is there any better value broadband
providers available.

http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?...99458&g=578368

Is that the Crapphone Warehouse or the Phones F*ck U offering?

JPG
Old March 24th 05, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Justin Johnson

WARNING AFFILATE LINK!!!!!

IT'S SPAM

--

oups.com...

Old March 25th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 24 Mar 2005 17:38, "DJC" wrote:

if you use p2p at all then maybe its not for u

Fortunately there's a lot more that you can do that finds no problem with
restrictions against using peer-to-peer. Indeed, I would consider it to
be a positive advantage if an ISP has some restriction on that usage !

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75