Holy contention Batman!

Old March 25th 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

Default Holy contention Batman!

Constant 7.6k/sec on my 2mb/s line. Ouch! Still waiting for a web site
to load after 2 minutes and nearly 1Mb downloaded

Bloody Easter.
Old March 25th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I.P.Freely

"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
Constant 7.6k/sec on my 2mb/s line. Ouch! Still waiting for a web site
to load after 2 minutes and nearly 1Mb downloaded

Bloody Easter.

Thank christ for cable :-) Yay ntl/telewest!

Old March 25th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheDragon

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
Constant 7.6k/sec on my 2mb/s line. Ouch! Still waiting for a web site
to load after 2 minutes and nearly 1Mb downloaded

Bloody Easter.

Thank christ for cable :-) Yay ntl/telewest!

No problem here, streaming MTV at 800kbs on a 1mbs line

Old March 26th 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

I.P.Freely wrote:
"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
Constant 7.6k/sec on my 2mb/s line. Ouch! Still waiting for a web
site to load after 2 minutes and nearly 1Mb downloaded

Bloody Easter.

Thank christ for cable :-) Yay ntl/telewest!

You've never had the problems parts of south Nottingham had & quite possibly
still do (for around 9 months of the year anyway)..

Old March 27th 05, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheDragon

"******* " wrote in message

"TheDragon" wrote in message

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
Constant 7.6k/sec on my 2mb/s line. Ouch! Still waiting for a web site
to load after 2 minutes and nearly 1Mb downloaded

Bloody Easter.

Thank christ for cable :-) Yay ntl/telewest!

No problem here, streaming MTV at 800kbs on a 1mbs line

Ooo from where?

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm

On the UK page, 1/2 way down, click on the 800k button and watch till your
hearts content. Can drop out at busy times.

Old March 27th 05, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheDragon

Doh, MTV seems to be down.

Here is another decent music channel
http://wwitv.com/_tv/7965.asx
Ministry of Sound. 300k stream, not bad quality

Old March 28th 05, 04:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Philip Barnham

"I.P.Freely" wrote in message
"Richard Sobey" wrote in message
Constant 7.6k/sec on my 2mb/s line. Ouch! Still waiting for a web site
to load after 2 minutes and nearly 1Mb downloaded

Bloody Easter.

Thank christ for cable :-) Yay ntl/telewest!

wouldnt touch NTL with a barge pole, yey for lame download caps (not).

... for what its worth my service performs like 512kbps and below at peak
times, and has done all this year even after "exchange upgrades". nice one
BT (not).