BT Voyager 2100 Port forwarding

Old March 25th 05, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
yar

Default BT Voyager 2100 Port forwarding

Hi

I am trying to set up a Linksys camera so I can access it via the internet.

The info tells me I must allow port forwarding on port 1024.

I have in the settings of the router placed the ip address of the camera the
port number1024 in the 4 boxes .

But it will not work, I am in the part that has lots of preset names for
games etc, but I think I have had to set it manually as above.

I think I have done it right but it can not be accessed from the internet.

Can anybody tell me if I have to set anything else or has anybody ever set
up one of these cameras to work?.

Thanks

Old March 25th 05, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:25:14 +0000 (UTC), "yar"
wrote:

Hi

I am trying to set up a Linksys camera so I can access it via the internet.

The info tells me I must allow port forwarding on port 1024.

I have in the settings of the router placed the ip address of the camera the
port number1024 in the 4 boxes .

But it will not work, I am in the part that has lots of preset names for
games etc, but I think I have had to set it manually as above.

I think I have done it right but it can not be accessed from the internet.

Can anybody tell me if I have to set anything else or has anybody ever set
up one of these cameras to work?.

Thanks

Do you have a static or dynamically assigned IP address? At the time
of posting your address was 81.130.169.63, but this may change from
time to time if it's dynamically assigned.

To see if you've successfully opened port 1024, irrespective of what
your IP address is, go to https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2. Click on
"Proceed", then on the next page enter 1024 in the text box and click
on "User specified custom port probe". Your system will be probed on
port 1024 and if it's open then it'll tell you so.

Alternatively, if the Linksys camera software and your router both
support uPnP (check the manuals) then you could try enabling this on
both devices. the Linksys software should then automatically open
port 1024 on your router (however, I personally don't like uPnP to be
enabled, use it as a last resort).

HTH

Jake

Old March 25th 05, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
yar

Hi

I was not posting from the network involved, but have now brought the camera
back to my home network with a fixed ip address.

I have on this network an AP and the a zxyel router 645 the router does not
have a firewall so I assume all the ports are open.

I still can not get the bloody thing to work.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Old March 25th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:48:29 +0000 (UTC), "yar"
wrote:

Hi

I was not posting from the network involved, but have now brought the camera
back to my home network with a fixed ip address.

I have on this network an AP and the a zxyel router 645 the router does not
have a firewall so I assume all the ports are open.

I still can not get the bloody thing to work.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Try http://www.portforward.com/zyxel/645-portforwarding.htm to learn
about port forwarding with the Zyxel 645.

Jake