Router on Tiscali BB ..

Old March 25th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

Default Router on Tiscali BB ..

Hi All,

A friend 'a lady' ordered a laptop and WiFi router from Dell (you
can't help some people can you g) and they sent her a BB router for
her Tiscali ADSL line doh.

I suggested she sent back and asked for a more suitable one (she *was*
going to go out and buy an ADSL Ethernet modem .. )

Anyway, I dare say I could get a call when it arrives so I wondered if
there were any tips re routers and Tiscali (like the AOL MTU=1400
sorta thing) please?

All the best ..

T i m
Old March 25th 05, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Hi All,

A friend 'a lady' ordered a laptop and WiFi router from Dell (you
can't help some people can you g) and they sent her a BB router for
her Tiscali ADSL line doh.

I suggested she sent back and asked for a more suitable one (she *was*
going to go out and buy an ADSL Ethernet modem .. )

Anyway, I dare say I could get a call when it arrives so I wondered if
there were any tips re routers and Tiscali (like the AOL MTU=1400
sorta thing) please?

All the best ..

T i m

Sorry Tim, but on this occasion my sympathies are with DELL

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old March 27th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:11:53 -0000, "Graham" wrote:

Hi All,

A friend 'a lady' ordered a laptop and WiFi router from Dell (you
can't help some people can you g) and they sent her a BB router for
her Tiscali ADSL line doh.

I suggested she sent back and asked for a more suitable one (she *was*
going to go out and buy an ADSL Ethernet modem .. )

Anyway, I dare say I could get a call when it arrives so I wondered if
there were any tips re routers and Tiscali (like the AOL MTU=1400
sorta thing) please?

All the best ..

T i m

Sorry Tim, but on this occasion my sympathies are with DELL

Sorry Graham .. missed it ..? (feeling a bit slow today ..) ;-(

All the best ..

T i m