Pipex Upgrade Programme

Old March 26th 05, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony K

Default Pipex Upgrade Programme

Can anyone answer this question (I did ask Pipex but they weren't sure)

I upgraded to pipex 1M unlimited at 33.99 in about October from 512K. I
tried later to get 2M but my line won't support it.

My exchange is being upgraded in April but it's very unlikely that I can get
2M, in fact when I try and change sevrvice in My Pipex it now says that I
can't have any of their standard services as my line only supports 512K!!!

What I'm not sure about is when/if my cost will reduce to 23.44 which is
the cost now for 1M, and also have some worries why it now suggests I can't
have what I have now, which is working perfectly.

Any Comments?

Thanks

Tony

Old March 26th 05, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

"Tony K" wrote in message
Can anyone answer this question (I did ask Pipex but they weren't sure)

I upgraded to pipex 1M unlimited at 33.99 in about October from 512K. I
tried later to get 2M but my line won't support it.

My exchange is being upgraded in April but it's very unlikely that I can
get 2M, in fact when I try and change sevrvice in My Pipex it now says
that I can't have any of their standard services as my line only supports
512K!!!

What I'm not sure about is when/if my cost will reduce to 23.44 which is
the cost now for 1M, and also have some worries why it now suggests I
can't have what I have now, which is working perfectly.

This may help and is also the best place to ask further questions :
http://www.pipexsupport.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3643
Rgds
Alec

Old March 27th 05, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Alec wrote:

This may help and is also the best place to ask further questions :
http://www.pipexsupport.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3643

Interesting. So anyone whose line cannot support 512k will have their
price reduced to 19:99/m but only after an attempted upgrade ?

If you attempt a 'forced' upgrade, and that fails you get the price
reduction and the 15 quid refunded ?

I wrote to Pipex over three weeks ago asking what was going to happen to
'long liners' and received no response.

--
Mark
Old March 27th 05, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I wrote to Pipex over three weeks ago asking what was going to happen to
'long liners' and received no response.

They`re probably innundated with support requests on the issue at the
moment, so i`d cut them a little "slack" :-}

Old March 27th 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Mark Carver wrote:
Alec wrote:

This may help and is also the best place to ask further questions :
http://www.pipexsupport.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=3643

Interesting. So anyone whose line cannot support 512k will have their
price reduced to 19:99/m but only after an attempted upgrade ?

If you attempt a 'forced' upgrade, and that fails you get the price
reduction and the 15 quid refunded ?

I wrote to Pipex over three weeks ago asking what was going to happen to
'long liners' and received no response.

I asked them 3 times for an answer, the second to submit my resignation
and the third to request a MAC - no reply to my question from any of them.

I have 1 day left of my Pipex before I migrate.
Old March 27th 05, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

Colin Wilson wrote:

I wrote to Pipex over three weeks ago asking what was going to happen to
'long liners' and received no response.

They`re probably innundated with support requests on the issue at the
moment, so i`d cut them a little "slack" :-}

Its probably that 'little slack' thats made my line way too long )