Many countries already now have SDSL cheaper?

Old March 27th 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I.P.Freely

Default Many countries already now have SDSL cheaper?

"Rob" wrote in message
Anyone care to elaborate on this....please.

Rob

No; different countries have different economy strengths and weaknesses, and
vastly varying manners in which the governing powers operate.

SO-- you can't really whinge about sweden having super-fast powers with no
caps (which isn't actualy vastly the case as is often boasted by non-swedish
folk), so time to go do your own research on google.

Rip-off Britain invests it's money in different markets. The telecomms
(which includes broadband) isn't in the same league as the technology
sector, we have different strengths from other countries, we're more
industrial, but certainly not in the electronics field, and that's why
you'll have to wait.

Old March 27th 05, 03:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

I.P.Freely wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
Anyone care to elaborate on this....please.

Rob

No; different countries have different economy strengths and weaknesses,
and vastly varying manners in which the governing powers operate.

This is the standard dogs ******** written up by astro turfers for BT$.
Even 3rd world countries like India are rolling out 2mbit links
for under 2 pounds a month.

The UK is ****ed.
Companies like BT$ are over****ing the user for money.

Many other countries have 100mbit averaging out
30 quid a month.

Its really a case of not enough competition in the UK.
And with LLU being held back causing a lot of interference
to the free market and price hikes.
Old March 27th 05, 04:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dan

While I think BT are ripping us off other countries governments invest in
their broadband networks. Korea has super fast connections because the
government invests billions in to it.

For prices to come down in Britain BT needs more competition. Why have the
cable companies stopped rolling out cable?

Regarding the India broadband comment (2mbit for £2) look at the wages they
are paid. I bet half of Indias population wouldnt even be able to afford
that! Hell I bet half do not have running water!

Dan

Old March 27th 05, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 02:30:07 GMT, [7] said :-

I.P.Freely wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
Anyone care to elaborate on this....please.

Rob

No; different countries have different economy strengths and weaknesses,
and vastly varying manners in which the governing powers operate.

This is the standard dogs ******** written up by astro turfers for BT$.
Even 3rd world countries like India are rolling out 2mbit links
for under 2 pounds a month.

What's wrong with you people ? Just because you can't see reason - you
believe everyone works or sticks up for BT.
I believe you are astro turfing for Telewest - yet I think they are
abyssmal.

The UK is ****ed.
Companies like BT$ are over****ing the user for money.

What about the appalling company you are with Bucko ?

I don't see Telewest investing and giving cable to everyone, do you ?

Many other countries have 100mbit averaging out
30 quid a month.

Its really a case of not enough competition in the UK.

And with LLU being held back causing a lot of interference
to the free market and price hikes.

and the terrible cable companies who can pick and choose where they
want, and don't *have* to provide a service for anyone they don't
want.

Time to plonk you Slick.
Old March 27th 05, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:02:17 +0100, [dan] said :-

While I think BT are ripping us off other countries governments invest in
their broadband networks. Korea has super fast connections because the
government invests billions in to it.

For prices to come down in Britain BT needs more competition. Why have the
cable companies stopped rolling out cable?

Regarding the India broadband comment (2mbit for £2) look at the wages they
are paid. I bet half of Indias population wouldnt even be able to afford
that! Hell I bet half do not have running water!

Dan

Agreed with your points - people just do not look at the whole
picture, all they see is the price.
Old March 27th 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

wrote:

I.P.Freely wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
Anyone care to elaborate on this....please.

Rob

No; different countries have different economy strengths and weaknesses,
and vastly varying manners in which the governing powers operate.

This is the standard dogs ******** written up by astro turfers for BT$.
Even 3rd world countries like India are rolling out 2mbit links
for under 2 pounds a month.

The UK is ****ed.
Companies like BT$ are over****ing the user for money.

Many other countries have 100mbit averaging out
30 quid a month.

Its really a case of not enough competition in the UK.
And with LLU being held back causing a lot of interference
to the free market and price hikes.

Why don't you move elsewhere and do us all a favour?

Old March 27th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

dan wrote:

While I think BT are ripping us off other countries governments invest in
their broadband networks. Korea has super fast connections because the
government invests billions in to it.

For prices to come down in Britain BT needs more competition. Why have the
cable companies stopped rolling out cable?

Regarding the India broadband comment (2mbit for £2) look at the wages
they are paid. I bet half of Indias population wouldnt even be able to
afford that! Hell I bet half do not have running water!

Dan

Its between one and five day's work to earn the money
as a labourer.

The price is correct by global standards.
Globally, 100mbit is now close to 30 pounds a month now.

Bring on LLU and we shall see!!!

Old March 27th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Spin Dryer wrote:

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:02:17 +0100, [dan] said :-

While I think BT are ripping us off other countries governments invest in
their broadband networks. Korea has super fast connections because the
government invests billions in to it.

For prices to come down in Britain BT needs more competition. Why have the
cable companies stopped rolling out cable?

Regarding the India broadband comment (2mbit for £2) look at the wages
they are paid. I bet half of Indias population wouldnt even be able to
afford that! Hell I bet half do not have running water!

Dan

Agreed with your points - people just do not look at the whole
picture, all they see is the price.

Utter ********.
Price correct price by global standards.
100mbit is heading for 30 pounds now.

Bring on LLU and we shall see!

Old March 27th 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Muxton wrote:

Why don't you move elsewhere and do us all a favour?

Why don't you?

Old March 27th 05, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

I.P.Freely wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
Anyone care to elaborate on this....please.

Rob

No; different countries have different economy strengths and weaknesses,
and vastly varying manners in which the governing powers operate.

This is the standard dogs ******** written up by astro turfers for BT$.
Even 3rd world countries like India are rolling out 2mbit links
for under 2 pounds a month.

What's wrong with you people ? Just because you can't see reason - you

But you can of course?