AVC broadband satellite

Old March 27th 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Walsh

Default AVC broadband satellite

I use AVC broadband (satellite broadband via Astra 28.2 plus BT-Yahoo for
Dial-up) just wanted
tips how to set up software like eMule. I`ve got my web browser and emailer
working ok

any help anyone please,

cheers
Ken

Old March 27th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Hayward

In article , Ken Walsh bigkenwal
writes
I use AVC broadband (satellite broadband via Astra 28.2 plus BT-Yahoo for
Dial-up) just wanted
tips how to set up software like eMule. I`ve got my web browser and emailer
working ok

any help anyone please,

cheers
Ken

Hi
I used to use Central point (reseller for AVC)
You need to set up things like Media Player, Download managers and
anything else using http protocol to use a proxy. Simply insert in the
proxy address..
127.0.0.1 port 9202
If you are using "SOCKS", then the port is# 9203
If you want to download mail/news via the satellite
Open up the Astra proxy and cycle through. Once you get to the window
asking if you want to download mail/ news via satellite then chose one
of the ports shown
ie. 9202
1. Insert your POP/News server details. Then select port 119 for news
or 110 for mail

2. Then go to your mail/news program and change the server address to
127.0.0.1 port# (whatever you have used in step 1 above)

By the way i have just changed from Central point (who are cheaper than
AVC anyway) to
www.astranet.net in Serbia!!
(Same service, but as this is on Astra at 19.2 a minor dish swing
needed)
No setup charge and 256k Unlimited at 15Euros/month (approx 10.5 pounds)
or 149Euros/year
512 at 15Euros/month or 249/year
NO setup fee, unlike all the UK con... sorry companies!

Wally Hayward

Old March 27th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Ken Walsh
writes
I use AVC broadband (satellite broadband via Astra 28.2 plus BT-Yahoo for
Dial-up) just wanted
tips how to set up software like eMule. I`ve got my web browser and emailer
working ok

any help anyone please,

If AVC uses a land line uplink then emule will be next to useless. You
will never get better than 56k speed downloads.
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"