IP address on SpeedTouch 530

Old March 27th 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

Default IP address on SpeedTouch 530

"Nigel M" wrote in message
I've just got a SpeedTouch 530, but I'm having problems setting the IP
address. My network is on 192.168.0.x with a mask of 255.255.255.0.

How do I set the SpeedTouch 530 to be on this range?

--
Nigel M
"Occam's razor is not always sharp"

From the manual for the 4.2.7 version firmware, page 51:-

IP Addresses - Click this link to display the IP Addresses page.

This page allows you to view or add/delete specific IP address entries for
Speed-
TouchT's interfaces:

To add an IP address for one of the SpeedTouchT interfaces:

1 Click New.
2 Select the interface to which the IP address applies (use eth0 for
assigning to the
SpeedTouchT Ethernet interface).
3 Provide IP address and (sub)netmask in IP prefix notation (e.g.
192.6.11.150/24) or
select Obtain an IP address automatically for assigning a dynamic IP address
to the
interface.
4 Optionally select NAPT in case you want to enable address translation on
this IP
address.
5 Click Apply
6 Click Save all to save your changes to persistent memory.

I'm not too hot on network stuff as I don't have one at home but hopefully
this will help. :-)

Stephen

Old March 27th 05, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Moonshine

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:42:47 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Stewart"
wrote:

"Nigel M" wrote in message
.. .
I've just got a SpeedTouch 530, but I'm having problems setting the IP
address. My network is on 192.168.0.x with a mask of 255.255.255.0.

How do I set the SpeedTouch 530 to be on this range?

--
Nigel M
"Occam's razor is not always sharp"

From the manual for the 4.2.7 version firmware, page 51:-

[...]

Or use the "custom" template that ships with the router and you can
choose what LAN address range you like.
Old March 27th 05, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"Stephen Stewart" wrote in message

"Nigel M" wrote in message
I've just got a SpeedTouch 530, but I'm having problems setting the IP
address. My network is on 192.168.0.x with a mask of 255.255.255.0.

How do I set the SpeedTouch 530 to be on this range?

--
Nigel M
"Occam's razor is not always sharp"

From the manual for the 4.2.7 version firmware, page 51:-

[...]

You will also need to add some entries to the routing table to get this to
work. I have had a fiddle just now, but I can't get it quit right.

Stephen