SNMP

Old March 27th 05, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,btopenworld.broadband.support
Ian Donaldson

Default SNMP

Does any one of you informed Guru's know of an application or script
(preferable free) that I can use on my home network to pull the total
bytes(or bits) received and transmitted from an specified port on a SNMP
enabled switch. It's to keep an eye on my ADSL bandwidth usage due to BT
introducing monthly caps. I run win XP and Solaris/Sparc. Any help would
be gratefully received.

Regards Ian Donaldson

Newtownards
Northern Ireland

Old March 27th 05, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,btopenworld.broadband.support
Grant

"Ian Donaldson" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews
Does any one of you informed Guru's know of an application or script
(preferable free) that I can use on my home network to pull the total
bytes(or bits) received and transmitted from an specified port on a
SNMP enabled switch.

PRTG from
http://www.paessler.com.

Assuming your swtich has port-level SNMP support and you can find the right
OID to get to it.

Old March 28th 05, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I.P.Freely

"Ian" wrote in message
I've been using PRTG for months and find it does the job well.

WELL *i've* not been using it for months and *my* job is going well.

How's about that, eh eh eh?

Old March 28th 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Donaldson