Choosing Microfilters

Old March 28th 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

Default Choosing Microfilters

I'm ordering Metronet PAYG service and am ordering a Router Modem and
Microfilters from Ebuyer.

The cheapest Microfilter appears to be the 'Ebuyer ADSL Splitter/Micro
Filter' at 1-50.

http://tinyurl.com/46hn5

Are there any good reasons for paying more and getting one of the more
expensive filter options or will the above be good enough?
--
aa

Old March 28th 05, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PL

"aa" wrote in message
I'm ordering Metronet PAYG service and am ordering a Router Modem and
Microfilters from Ebuyer.

The cheapest Microfilter appears to be the 'Ebuyer ADSL Splitter/Micro
Filter' at 1-50.

http://tinyurl.com/46hn5

Are there any good reasons for paying more and getting one of the more
expensive filter options or will the above be good enough?
--
aa

Hi aa

I can tell you that I've been with Metronet PAYG for some 18 months now, on
a house stuffed full of ebuyers own filters (they were less than 1 then)
and only had one problem; our dog has eaten 4 of them LOL!

PL

Old March 28th 05, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

In ,
PL wrote:

"aa" wrote in message
I'm ordering Metronet PAYG service and am ordering a Router Modem and
Microfilters from Ebuyer.

The cheapest Microfilter appears to be the 'Ebuyer ADSL Splitter/Micro
Filter' at 1-50.

http://tinyurl.com/46hn5

Are there any good reasons for paying more and getting one of the more
expensive filter options or will the above be good enough?
--
aa

Hi aa

I can tell you that I've been with Metronet PAYG for some 18 months now,
on a house stuffed full of ebuyers own filters (they were less than 1
then) and only had one problem; our dog has eaten 4 of them LOL!

PL

Excellent, cheers PL.
--
aa

Old March 28th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PL

"aa" wrote in message
In ,
PL wrote:

"aa" wrote in message
[...]

I get the impression you haven't bought from ebuyer before? (I buy all my
gear here, more-or-less). The only reason I mention this, is because a lot
of their products are rated and reviewed. Did you see that? You'll get a
better 'feel' for the product if you scan some of the comments.

PL

Old March 28th 05, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

I can tell you that I've been with Metronet PAYG for some 18 months now,
on a house stuffed full of ebuyers own filters (they were less than 1
then) and only had one problem; our dog has eaten 4 of them LOL!

PL

Also on Metronet here and with Ebuyer filters. Only prob I had was with a
DECT phone and I had to get a more expensive filter with 4 ferrite toroids
in it to cure frying noise on the phone.

Dave

again
in the future!!
Old March 28th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

In ,
PL wrote:

aa

I get the impression you haven't bought from ebuyer before?

[snip]

You're right.

The only reason I mention this, is because a
lot of their products are rated and reviewed. Did you see that?

I have now, great, thanks very much. :-)
--
aa

Old March 28th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
yo-man

DECT phones are the main reason for getting more expensive filters. I bought
the ADSL Nation filters and everything works flawlessly.

http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/ca...c5ca463d69d1a8

Old March 28th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aa

In ,
yo-man wrote:

DECT phones are the main reason for getting more expensive filters. I
bought the ADSL Nation filters and everything works flawlessly.

http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/ca...c5ca463d69d1a8

Thanks.
--
aa

Old March 28th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PL

"Nigel M" wrote in message
In uk.telecom.broadband, aa wrote:

Are there any good reasons for paying more and getting one of the more
expensive filter options or will the above be good enough?

You get what you pay for. If you want to make compromises on your 25 a
month connection, then feel free.

Having seen the quality of the 1 widgets, I'd think twice about even
relying on them to use on a voice-only line.

--
Nigel M
"Occam's razor is not always sharp"

What exactly do you base these comments on?

Old March 29th 05, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Having seen the quality of the 1 widgets, I'd think twice about even
relying on them to use on a voice-only line.

What exactly do you base these comments on?

Axiomatic is it not? He has seen the cheapo ones and observed the poor
design and construction. The cheapo ones simply don't have sufficient good
quality components to do the job well. They are built down to a price.

Peter Crosland