VOIP Equipment

Old March 28th 05, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default VOIP Equipment

Hiya,

Need some help with VoIP Equipment....

I used to have an account with BT's Broadband Voice system, I have since
Cancelled the account, but would like to know if the Cisco Telephone Adapter
I have is of any use with other VoIP providers?

The equipment is a Cisco ATA 186 Telephone Adapter.

Many Thanks!

James
www.mkbuses.net

Old March 28th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

" wrote in message
Need some help with VoIP Equipment....

I used to have an account with BT's Broadband Voice system, I have since
Cancelled the account, but would like to know if the Cisco Telephone
Adapter I have is of any use with other VoIP providers?

The equipment is a Cisco ATA 186 Telephone Adapter.

Yes - it can.

You would need to flash the Cisco ATA 186 with a SIP image to make it work
(as BT Broadband Voice uses MPCG by default) but it can be done.

If you search this newsgroup (and uk.telecom) as well as
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...at=&Board=voip you should find all
the information you need.

Regards
Sunil

Old March 30th 05, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
keymaster

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

" wrote in message
Need some help with VoIP Equipment....

I used to have an account with BT's Broadband Voice system, I have since
Cancelled the account, but would like to know if the Cisco Telephone
Adapter I have is of any use with other VoIP providers?

The equipment is a Cisco ATA 186 Telephone Adapter.

Yes - it can.

You would need to flash the Cisco ATA 186 with a SIP image to make it
work (as BT Broadband Voice uses MPCG by default) but it can be done.

If you search this newsgroup (and uk.telecom) as well as
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...at=&Board=voip you should find
all the information you need.

Regards
Sunil
I use voipfone as my provider (they use SIP) and I rate them