Which broadband supplier?

Old March 28th 05, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Hopeless

Default Which broadband supplier?

Hi,

I've just cancelled my 1Mbit ADSL line with Central Point and I'm looking to
sign up with a 2Mbit provider which fulfils the following criteria-

At least a 50Gb a month allowance.
No blocked ports.
Less than 28 a month.
A good reputation.

I've had a Google and Freedom2Surf and Nildrum both look suitable but are
there any others out there that would fit the bill?

Cheers,
Bob

Old March 28th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

In article , "Bob Hopeless"
says...

I've had a Google and Freedom2Surf and Nildrum both look suitable but are
there any others out there that would fit the bill?

Remember though, f2s include upload in that option. If you use
Bittorrent, this is going to push you way over that 50 gig limit

--
Chris
Old March 29th 05, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveB

Nildram's is 50Mb download only from 8am to midnight, plus you can download
what you like between midnight and 8am. Speeds were patchy when loads of
people got their 2Mb upgrades at the same time, but it's steadily improved
and now seems fine.

Old March 30th 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:49:38 +0100, Bob Hopeless
wrote:

Hi,

I've just cancelled my 1Mbit ADSL line with Central Point and I'm
looking to
sign up with a 2Mbit provider which fulfils the following criteria-

At least a 50Gb a month allowance.
No blocked ports.
Less than 28 a month.
A good reputation.

I've had a Google and Freedom2Surf and Nildrum both look suitable but are
there any others out there that would fit the bill?

Cheers,
Bob

We will soon be introducing our new Premier products, which will start at
21.99 for a 30 GB usage level at the fastest speed your line will
support. This may sound smaller than your proposed 50Gb however this will
only include downstream traffic, and does not include usage between 1am
and 8am so the actual level is much higher than that. Also our system is
based on levels, so your connection will only be effected if your usage
was over the limit for three months in a row.

As for port blocking, we only block ports 135 and 445 for anti-virus
reasons. You are free to use any other port as you see fit, we have no
problems with our customers hosting their own web or mail servers etc.

As for reputation, please feel free to visit ADSLGuide or ask around in
our newsgroups, we have a very good reputation for Customer Service and
won the Future UK Internet Awards for this last year.

With Regards,

Ben,