Wanadoo PAYG Number?

Old March 29th 05, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Default Wanadoo PAYG Number?

If you download the dial-up connection settings the number it uses is a
premium number according to BT (08440564000) I am sure Wanadoo do not charge
you that rate, so what does it matter?

Well if you want to put it on friends and family to save a little it will
not let you.

I rang them up and I think you can still use 08450564000.

Hope this saves some of you some money.

Old March 29th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:04:26 +0100, [It's Me] said :-

If you download the dial-up connection settings the number it uses is a
premium number according to BT (08440564000) I am sure Wanadoo do not charge
you that rate, so what does it matter?

That is not a premium rate number. The info you looked at on the BT
site somewhere is incorrect.

Indeed, this number may be cheaper to call than the 0845 number below

Old March 29th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

What's the cost to Dial 08440564000
and 08450564000 ?

If 08450564000 is on friends and family and 08440564000 is the same cost you
will save using 08450564000 if you add it to friends and family.

Old March 29th 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Found out they are same price:

08440564000
08450564000

3p during day
1p Evenings and I would assume weekends.

Old March 29th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"It's Me" wrote in message
What's the cost to Dial 08440564000
and 08450564000 ?

If 08450564000 is on friends and family and 08440564000 is the same

cost you
will save using 08450564000 if you add it to friends and family.

You can't add those numbers to friends and family.

Old March 29th 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:45:29 +0100, Gzl T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m
wrote:

"It's Me" wrote in message
What's the cost to Dial 08440564000
and 08450564000 ?

If 08450564000 is on friends and family and 08440564000 is the same

cost you
will save using 08450564000 if you add it to friends and family.

You can't add those numbers to friends and family.

When I worked for them many moons ago 08450796699 worked fine for PAYG,
might be worth trying that one!

With Regards,

Ben,

Old March 29th 05, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

If 08450564000 is on friends and family and 08440564000 is the same
cost you
will save using 08450564000 if you add it to friends and family.

You can't add those numbers to friends and family.

Yes you can.

Pray tel how. Non-geographic numbers were restricted from Friends and
Family when I last tried, a couple of months ago. Don't be fooled by the
"BT recommends..." feature of the Friends and Family website. It recommends
your 0845 number then barfs when you actually try to add it! I've pointed
out to BT that their own recommendations don't work on more than one
occasion but never managed to find anyone with sufficient brain-cells to
realise why this might just a little irrtating.

Paul DS.

Old March 29th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
t...
If 08450564000 is on friends and family and 08440564000 is the same
cost you
will save using 08450564000 if you add it to friends and family.

You can't add those numbers to friends and family.

Yes you can.

Pray tel how. Non-geographic numbers were restricted from Friends and
Family when I last tried, a couple of months ago. Don't be fooled by the
"BT recommends..." feature of the Friends and Family website. It
recommends
your 0845 number then barfs when you actually try to add it! I've pointed
out to BT that their own recommendations don't work on more than one
occasion but never managed to find anyone with sufficient brain-cells to
realise why this might just a little irrtating.

I just tried it - the 0845 can be added (at least I managed to add it to
mine), the 0844 can't as it's treated as a "premium rate" number.

Dan