ASDL Router with WAP

Old March 29th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JS

Default ASDL Router with WAP

I'm looking for a new ADSL router with WAP as my Linksys WAG54G is rubbish,
had no problems for about 4 months, now having to reset everyday, when using
IE it just stops responding, LAN still works fine and can still see local
pc's and transfer files between then etc just IE and mail stops working.
This is happening on 3 pc's so not pc problem.

Thanks

JS

Old March 30th 05, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade

"JS" wrote in message
I'm looking for a new ADSL router with WAP as my Linksys WAG54G is

rubbish,
had no problems for about 4 months, now having to reset everyday, when

using
IE it just stops responding, LAN still works fine and can still see local
pc's and transfer files between then etc just IE and mail stops working.
This is happening on 3 pc's so not pc problem.

Could it be interference. Has some one near by also gone wireless on the
same channel? Or have you bought someting else (DECT phone, Video Sender?)
that uses a nearby frequency. Or is someting new pluggged in near the router
(FAX macines seem to sometimes have this effect). Turn off your router and
see if you can see any other networks. Try setting it on a different
channel. (Note there are I think only three on 54G that don't overlap.)

Thanks

JS

Old March 30th 05, 01:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Try adding your ISP DNS servers to your firewall (in my case zonelarm
trusted zones) It solved the problem you mention when I was having similar
issues a while back.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Old March 30th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JS

Thanks for the info, put DNS address in ZoneAlarm and all now seems ok.

JS