ADSL on disconnected line?

Old March 30th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
kraftee

Default ADSL on disconnected line?

Tom wrote:
I am posting this from an ADSL connection on a line that has been
"disconnected" (at my request). Picking up the phone just gets a solid
tone - is this the normal case with a disconnected line? I assumed it
would simply be silent/dead.

The ADSL is still working as normal however (as proven by this post).

Can anybody tell me if this is normal, if the ADSL will stay on the
line and usable, even though the line has been "disconnected", or if
it's just temporary till BT remove the ADSL (due to the line
disconnection, rather than a request from an ISP).

Thanks.

They will catch up with you, may take days, weeks or even months but it will
eventually go the way of your telephone line, I'm afraid...

Old March 30th 05, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Tom

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:59:21 +0100, "kraftee"
wrote:

Tom wrote:
I am posting this from an ADSL connection on a line that has been
"disconnected" (at my request). Picking up the phone just gets a solid
tone - is this the normal case with a disconnected line? I assumed it
would simply be silent/dead.

The ADSL is still working as normal however (as proven by this post).

Can anybody tell me if this is normal, if the ADSL will stay on the
line and usable, even though the line has been "disconnected", or if
it's just temporary till BT remove the ADSL (due to the line
disconnection, rather than a request from an ISP).

Thanks.

They will catch up with you, may take days, weeks or even months but it will
eventually go the way of your telephone line, I'm afraid...

I guess I'll just make the most of it while its still around. Strange
situation though, I assumed all "services" on a line would disappear
on disconnection.