ADSL on disconnected line?

Old March 31st 05, 01:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
JF

Default ADSL on disconnected line?

"Tom" wrote in message
I am posting this from an ADSL connection on a line that has been
"disconnected" (at my request). Picking up the phone just gets a solid
tone - is this the normal case with a disconnected line? I assumed it
would simply be silent/dead.

The ADSL is still working as normal however (as proven by this post).

Can anybody tell me if this is normal, if the ADSL will stay on the
line and usable, even though the line has been "disconnected", or if
it's just temporary till BT remove the ADSL (due to the line
disconnection, rather than a request from an ISP).

Thanks.

I moved house last year and had ADSL on the line. I contacted BT to remove
the service 1 day before I moved out. The phone was disconnected 1 day
before, but ADSL still worked up until I left the house at 12pm the
following day. Don't know how long it worked after that. I posted on here
and was told that this was common and they (BT) would get round to
disconnecting it sooner rather than later.

JF