Virgin Net - Any reasons against?

Old March 31st 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

Default Virgin Net - Any reasons against?

I am considering going broadband using Virgin Net
No activation fee and no long term contract

Has anyone any good reasons for avoiding them?

Brian E.

Old March 31st 05, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
silangdon

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:31:02 +0100, "Brian"
bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote:

I am considering going broadband using Virgin Net
No activation fee and no long term contract

Has anyone any good reasons for avoiding them?

Brian E.

I emailed their support team recently (~two weeks ago +) and havn't
had a reply, but I've not tried chasing it up.

Nothing particularly to whinge about, reckon it might be a bit pricy
in the current market. Bandwidth is consistently good, I'm on the no
limits account but I could probably get away with the 3Gb cap so I'm
no heavy user.
Old March 31st 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"silangdon" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:31:02 +0100, "Brian"
bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote:

I am considering going broadband using Virgin Net
No activation fee and no long term contract

Has anyone any good reasons for avoiding them?

Brian E.

I emailed their support team recently (~two weeks ago +) and havn't
had a reply, but I've not tried chasing it up.

Nothing particularly to whinge about, reckon it might be a bit pricy
in the current market. Bandwidth is consistently good, I'm on the no
limits account but I could probably get away with the 3Gb cap so I'm
no heavy user.

I'd agree with silangdon about their support.
That's the reason I left them.
Have you read their area in ADSLGuide ?
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...oard=virginnet
You may find more recent gripes/praises in there.

eric
--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old March 31st 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Brian wrote:
I am considering going broadband using Virgin Net
No activation fee and no long term contract

Has anyone any good reasons for avoiding them?

Brian E.

Absolutely abysmal customer support for a start...

Old April 1st 05, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Brian wrote:
I am considering going broadband using Virgin Net
No activation fee and no long term contract

Has anyone any good reasons for avoiding them?

Brian E.

Seems odd to only offer a 512k service, but that might be you can get.
Webspace is low if that matters to you.
As usual you need to do your own maths as to whether the 'free' setup is
worth the extra per month over paying up front.

Bill

Old April 2nd 05, 01:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
yo-man

good service, consistent bandwidth. I've no experience of customer support
except one call when I originally joined when I wanted to find out the
settings to enter into my ethernet modem (i didn't go for the 9.99 starter
pack) and I got just the info I needed.

24.99 for unlimited is perhaps a bit pricey for 512kbps now, but I share the
cost with a flatmate anyway so I'm not bothered.

I'm happy to recommend Virgin based on the connection, but I've read a lot
about bad customer support, so I guess it depends on whether you think you
will need to phone them much!!

Also I don't use the web space, so the size doesn't concern me.