Wireless router without built-in modem

Old March 31st 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking

Default Wireless router without built-in modem

I have a USB ADSL modem. I am thinking of setting up a wireless home
network. Is there a wireless router which accepts the USB connection
from my modem or do I need to get a router with a built-in ADSL modem?

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Norman

Old March 31st 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:13:11 +0100, "Ivor Jones"

I have a USB ADSL modem. I am thinking of setting up a wireless home
network. Is there a wireless router which accepts the USB connection
from my modem or do I need to get a router with a built-in ADSL
modem?

I can strongly recommend the Linksys WAG 54G which is a combined ADSL
4 port router plus WiFi

Just bought one for my daughter, a breeze to set up and just 65 from
www.rlsupplies.co.uk in Watford, Herts.

I paid about three times this amount about 18 months ago for a Vigor
Router and seperate AP, haven't they dropped in price.

Geoff Lane