Draytek Router Tools 2.5.3 - spyware warning !

Old April 2nd 05, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Default Draytek Router Tools 2.5.3 - spyware warning !

When I uninstalled the above mentioned software this evening I got a SpyBot
warning saying that there was a key logger in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp. I downloaded the software from
the Draytek web site, cleared out the Temp folder and re-installed. No
warnings and no suspect file back. But, when I attempted to uninstall it
the file (_iu14D2N.tmp) appeared and so did the warning again. I suspect
that others have seen this. Any ideas, please ?

Thanks

Old April 2nd 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

host81-136-90-197.in-addr.btopenworld.com Kev wrote:

When I uninstalled the above mentioned software this evening I got a
SpyBot warning saying that there was a key logger in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp. I downloaded the software
from
the Draytek web site, cleared out the Temp folder and re-installed. No
warnings and no suspect file back. But, when I attempted to uninstall it
the file (_iu14D2N.tmp) appeared and so did the warning again. I suspect
that others have seen this. Any ideas, please ?

Thanks

If its part of a virus, then CLAM AV is open source software
thats updated as quick as one hour after viri is reported
to them, could help to scan your machine.
Its free, open source and done up by techies.
Available on liveCDs such as the INSERT liveCD that boot
from CD outside of windopes and then cleans your disk.
About 200+ liveCDs of all manner and types to play with on this link below.

Old April 2nd 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 00:02:52 +0000 (UTC), "Kev"
wrote:

When I uninstalled the above mentioned software this evening I got a SpyBot
warning saying that there was a key logger in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp. I downloaded the software from
the Draytek web site, cleared out the Temp folder and re-installed. No
warnings and no suspect file back. But, when I attempted to uninstall it
the file (_iu14D2N.tmp) appeared and so did the warning again. I suspect
that others have seen this. Any ideas, please ?

Its probably a false alarm. Spyware detectors can give false alarms if
a similarly named app has been added to their DB.

Old April 2nd 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 12:58:23 GMT, 7
wrote:

host81-136-90-197.in-addr.btopenworld.com Kev wrote:

When I uninstalled the above mentioned software this evening I got a
SpyBot warning saying that there was a key logger in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp.

If its part of a virus,

(remainder snipped)

this answer has NOTHING to do with the question but instead seems to
be a link to some linux page. Whats the point?