My First VOIP Telephone Call.

Old April 3rd 05, 01:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

Default My First VOIP Telephone Call.

Although I am a great advocate of SKYPE to make free calls PC to PC,
today I made my first VOIP PC to Landline telephone call. I used the UK
1899 service to Ireland because I get my calls for 0.05 pence per
minute. It worked very well in that I heard the person on
the landline through my speakers perfectly, (as I listen to music a lot
I have configured my system to only use the mike of my headset), however
they did not hear me very clearly and there was a lot of interference.
Where is going wrong, do I need to configure my PC to use the headset to
hear as well as talk, if so I lose my speakers, or can I set it up to
use both. Why was the reception at the other end so bad. Admittedly 1899
say they are in Beta but if I use someone else I won't get such a good
deal on the cost of the calls and then I might as well use the landline
to landline.
Any help and suggestions and help would be appreciated.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old April 3rd 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Derrick Fawsitt
writes
[...]

Sorry, I posted this twice, my apologies.
--
Derrick Fawsitt