OT (but kinda relevant)

Old April 3rd 05, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Default OT (but kinda relevant)

I`m having trouble importing my "latest" bookmarks from Opera into
Firefox - it gives me the option of 2 defunct sets of bookmarks - neither
of which are still on the drive, yet one contains usable bookmarks ?!?
that it finds from somewhere.

"Import file" doesn`t resolve it, even though I point it to the correct
opera6.adr file, and although I have 3 seperate versions of Opera on my
system, they all have the same bookmark file for each.

None of these is what Firefox manages to import ?!?

Any ideas ?

Old April 3rd 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Any ideas ?

Aha - think i`ve cracked it... Filemon from sysinternals.com points me
towards

C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\OPERA\OPERA720B1\PROFILE\OPERA6.ADR

Time to copy and paste some more bookmarks :-}

Old April 4th 05, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 20:22:43 +0100, Colin Wilson
wrote:

Any ideas ?

Aha - think i`ve cracked it... Filemon from sysinternals.com points me
towards

C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\OPERA\OPERA720B1\PROFILE\OPERA6.ADR

Time to copy and paste some more bookmarks :-}

Severely off topic Try opera.general...

What you really need is Opera Help About and open the Preferences
(opera6.ini) file listed there. This will give you the path to your
current bookmarks file in the form of HotListV2= or something.

Why you'd want to switch from Opera to FF is beyond me though
Old April 4th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

What you really need is Opera Help About and open the Preferences
(opera6.ini) file listed there. This will give you the path to your
current bookmarks file in the form of HotListV2= or something.

My prefs in Opera are just dandy, and the correct bookmarks load when I
load Opera, but Firefox reverts to cached settings in the Windows
directory, rather than the "live" settings in the install paths.

Why you'd want to switch from Opera to FF is beyond me though

I have both on my system - Opera doesn`t always handle inline movies
properly IME :-}