512k for £10

Old April 3rd 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I'm_Perfect

Default 512k for £10

www.fast4.net 1MB for £20 both totally uncapped, getting cheaper!

Old April 4th 05, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CB

I'm_Perfect wrote:
www.fast4.net 1MB for £20 both totally uncapped, getting cheaper!

Their site says 16.99 and 24.99.

Are they doing some sort of deal? Or is the price coming down?

--
Regards,

CB

Old April 4th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KB

"I'm_Perfect" wrote in message
www.fast4.net 1MB for £20 both totally uncapped, getting

cheaper!

from their FAQ:

"A3: There are two possible cut off situations. If your
computer has been inactive for 15 minutes or more, or you
have been surfing online for 2 hours. (If you would like to
continue surfing after hours, you can reconnect
immediately."

Doesn't sound "unlimited" to me...

Old April 4th 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"I'm_Perfect" wrote in message
www.fast4.net 1MB for £20 both totally uncapped, getting cheaper!

But it doesn't really say that, did you not see the small print ?

"* Unlimited means no weekly time restrictions but does not guarantee
connection in the event of congestion, network or system failures.
Terms and conditions apply."

What do they mean by the word 'congestion' ?...

Old April 4th 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
I'm_Perfect

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"I'm_Perfect" wrote in message
www.fast4.net 1MB for £20 both totally uncapped, getting cheaper!

But it doesn't really say that, did you not see the small print ?

"* Unlimited means no weekly time restrictions but does not guarantee
connection in the event of congestion, network or system failures.
Terms and conditions apply."

It is uncapped. I should know they are my ISP!
I think we're applying the t & c to dial up here. Here's the email I got
from them a few days back (although yes site has'nt been updated as yet) :-

V TWO ONE SLASHES THE PRICE OF HIGH SPEED BROADBAND INTERNET ACCESS STILL
FURTHER WITH LAUNCH OF
1 MB ADSL FOR JUST £19.99 PER MONTH!

The UK’s fastest growing Internet Service Provider (ISP), V Two One, has
slashed the cost of its high speed 1 MB broadband by £5 to just £19.99 per
month – making an unbeatable offer on high speed internet connection
(www.v21.co.uk).

From April 1st customers will pay just £19.99 instead of £24.99 per month
for the company’s 1 MB ADSL connection, which is 20 times faster than
dial-up and is capable of downloading a 5MB file in less than one minute.

This superb package includes the regular V Two One offerings – uncapped,
unrestricted internet access, plus a free USB modem. New customers can
even transfer from another ISP to V Two One without charge.

Famous for setting internet connection pricing standards, V Two One’s
Managing Director, Steve Kaye, said: “Quite simply this new offer is the
best deal around for this bandwidth. With no download or port
restrictions, internet users will be hard pressed to find an ISP that can
match us.”

V Two One offers three ADSL packages, tailored for customers with
differing degrees of web usage and needs. The standard 512K connection,
which is 10 times faster than dial-up, costs just £10 per month, while the
2 MB connection, 40 times faster than dial-up, costs £39.99 per month.

Steve concluded, “Since striking a deal with Telefonica, V Two One is able
to offer some of the cheapest broadband packages in the UK, while still
providing the same high quality service. All of V Two One’s packages are
unrestricted and uncapped, with no download limits in place. I am
confident the newly priced packages will encourage more people to make the
switch from dial-up to broadband.”

This newsletter is published by v21.co.uk

Old April 4th 05, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"I'm_Perfect" wrote in message
V TWO ONE SLASHES THE PRICE OF HIGH SPEED BROADBAND INTERNET ACCESS STILL
FURTHER WITH LAUNCH OF
1 MB ADSL FOR JUST £19.99 PER MONTH!

The UK's fastest growing Internet Service Provider (ISP), V Two One, has
slashed the cost of its high speed 1 MB broadband by £5 to just £19.99 per
month - making an unbeatable offer on high speed internet connection
(www.v21.co.uk).

From April 1st customers will pay just £19.99 instead of £24.99 per month
for the company's 1 MB ADSL connection, which is 20 times faster than
dial-up and is capable of downloading a 5MB file in less than one minute.

This newsletter is from V21 - the link you posted in your 1st post is from
Fast4.

Regards
Sunil

Old April 4th 05, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"KB" wrote in message
from their FAQ:

"A3: There are two possible cut off situations. If your
computer has been inactive for 15 minutes or more, or you
have been surfing online for 2 hours. (If you would like to
continue surfing after hours, you can reconnect
immediately."

Doesn't sound "unlimited" to me...

Sounds like a dial up T&C?

Regards
Sunil

Old April 4th 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
eenews.net...
But it doesn't really say that, did you not see the small print ?

"* Unlimited means no weekly time restrictions but does not guarantee
connection in the event of congestion, network or system failures.
Terms and conditions apply."

What do they mean by the word 'congestion' ?...

Contention ?

Regards
Sunil

Old April 4th 05, 01:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
news

In message , I'm_Perfect
writes

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"I'm_Perfect" wrote in message
[...]

From April 1st customers will pay just £19.99 instead of £24.99 per month
[...]

Not in the newsletter, "11 hrs of access every day.
Massive 5hr cutoff."
--
Ian.
Old April 4th 05, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Sunil Sood opined very noisily:
"I'm_Perfect" wrote in message
V TWO ONE SLASHES THE PRICE OF HIGH SPEED BROADBAND INTERNET ACCESS
STILL FURTHER WITH LAUNCH OF
1 MB ADSL FOR JUST £19.99 PER MONTH!

The UK's fastest growing Internet Service Provider (ISP), V Two One,
has slashed the cost of its high speed 1 MB broadband by £5 to just
£19.99 per month - making an unbeatable offer on high speed internet
connection (www.v21.co.uk).

From April 1st customers will pay just £19.99 instead of £24.99 per
month for the company's 1 MB ADSL connection, which is 20 times
faster than dial-up and is capable of downloading a 5MB file in less
than one minute.

This newsletter is from V21 - the link you posted in your 1st post is
from Fast4.

Regards
Sunil

http://portal.v21.co.uk/index.asp?ex...&v21=choosepkg
The £10 quoted is only the first 3 months then £16.99
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply