Home / Home office

Old April 5th 05, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JK

Default Home / Home office

I work from home and use the internet for emails and some browsing
during the working day.

In the evenings and weekends the internet is used by the family.

I intend to put the internet bills through the business accounts. Does
this mean I cannot sign up for residential deals?

And if anyone suggest a good option for reliable but good value 512
unlimited broadband, that would be great.

Thanks a lot!

PS I know this question must be asked a lot but I imagine the
situation and deals are always changing.
Old April 5th 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

"JK" wrote in message
om...
I work from home and use the internet for emails and some browsing
during the working day.

In the evenings and weekends the internet is used by the family.

I intend to put the internet bills through the business accounts.

That constitutes fraud as far as the Inland Revenue are concerned.

Does this mean I cannot sign up for residential deals?

That constitutes fraud against the ISP.

Peter Crosland

Old April 5th 05, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
vivian stanshall

JK wrote:

I work from home and use the internet for emails and some browsing
during the working day.

In the evenings and weekends the internet is used by the family.

I intend to put the internet bills through the business accounts.

That may incur a tax liability for benefits-in-kind

Does this mean I cannot sign up for residential deals?

Some ISPs don't allow this, others don't care
Old April 5th 05, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 22:33:20 +0100, "Peter Crosland"
wrote:

"JK" wrote in message
. com...
I work from home and use the internet for emails and some browsing
during the working day.

In the evenings and weekends the internet is used by the family.

I intend to put the internet bills through the business accounts.

That constitutes fraud as far as the Inland Revenue are concerned.

Does this mean I cannot sign up for residential deals?

That constitutes fraud against the ISP.

Both the above statements were incorrect.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Old April 6th 05, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JK

Thanks Alex & Vivian.

Can anyone suggest any ISPs which don't care?

Thanks

Old April 6th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Raven

JK wrote:
Thanks Alex & Vivian.

Can anyone suggest any ISPs which don't care?

Thanks

Do any of them care? I thought the only difference between the two
packages was businesses generally want a more dependable (lower
contention) package without caps and prepared to pay a higher price
where as residential customers are more tolerant of it being slow at
times and limited data volumes if it works out cheaper.

Tony
Old April 6th 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
vivian stanshall

Tony Raven wrote:

JK wrote:

Thanks Alex & Vivian.

Can anyone suggest any ISPs which don't care?

Thanks

Do any of them care? I thought the only difference between the two
packages was businesses generally want a more dependable (lower
contention) package without caps and prepared to pay a higher price
where as residential customers are more tolerant of it being slow at
times and limited data volumes if it works out cheaper.

Tony

Some ISPs such as Plusnet restrict the usage of their Home products to
residential use only. Some ISPs such as BT only provide business
packages on business phone lines. Some ISPs such as Nildram don't care.
Old April 6th 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.icuknet.co.uk

In article ,
(JK) wrote:

Thanks Alex & Vivian.

Can anyone suggest any ISPs which don't care?

Thanks

Us :-)

http://www.icuknet.co.uk
ADSL Broadband, Dial Up, Hosting Solutions
Dedicated Servers & Collocation with 100% SLA
Old April 7th 05, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless2

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I work from home and use the internet for emails and some browsing
during the working day.

In the evenings and weekends the internet is used by the family.

I intend to put the internet bills through the business accounts.

That constitutes fraud as far as the Inland Revenue are concerned.

My previous employer paid for my BB at home so that I can work from home if
the needs arise. Is this fraud?

Old April 7th 05, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless2

"vivian stanshall" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
JK wrote:

I work from home and use the internet for emails and some browsing
during the working day.

In the evenings and weekends the internet is used by the family.

I intend to put the internet bills through the business accounts.

That may incur a tax liability for benefits-in-kind

OTOH could be tax-free if the private use is not significant compared with
work use, see

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/e-co..._broadband.htm