Zen speeds? as people say Pipex 1/2 Mb/s is like having 512

Old April 5th 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
narcissu

Default Zen speeds? as people say Pipex 1/2 Mb/s is like having 512

Just wonder how good Zen's speed's really are, and how good their NG's
are, as I am thinking of migrating to their 2Mb/s package, which costs
quite a bit at 45. BT Yahoo's 2Mb/s is great - might not max out all
the time but damn close.

Thanks.
Old April 5th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

I am with Zen on 1 Mbit and I max out on speed, over 122 Kbs. don't know
about new groups as I do not use them but it seems a lot do from Zen forum
posts.

Old April 8th 05, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Laurie

Well, some people might say Pipex's speeds are slow but you normally only
hear from those with problems.
FYI my Pipex connection is running nicely at 256kB/s (2Mb/s).

--
Laurie

Old April 11th 05, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

"narcissu" wrote in message

Just wonder how good Zen's speed's really are, and how good their NG's
are, as I am thinking of migrating to their 2Mb/s package, which costs
quite a bit at 45. BT Yahoo's 2Mb/s is great - might not max out all
the time but damn close.

Thanks.

I'm on Zen's 1Mbit line as well and use Newsgroups all the time, but given
recent (seems like years now) problems with there news server I will be
leaving Zen soon to find a cheaper ISP (paying Zen 35pm right now) and get
a separate news server, as an ISP Zen are fairly good, but news server seems
to be ok for 2-3 weeks then goes tits up big time and have to wait for them
to fix it, just not good enough IMO.