ISDN Feature question

Old April 6th 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netcom mbickers

Default ISDN Feature question

I'm currently investigating the replacement and enhancement of telephony and
data services across three small offices which are geographically close (
well! within a 10 mile radius anyway) but on three different BT exchanges.

This for a charity, so funding is very limited.

There is a need for a few numbers to be diverted to whichever office key
members of the management team are currently at.

I see a number of possible solutions:

1) Centrex.

OK. but BT will only deliver on a single exchange. NTL say they can
deliver as one Centrex, but! Track record?

2) DDI numbers on central PBX. Most small switches only support 'push'
divert, not found one with 'Pull' divert. Even then we pay for the diverted
'leg' of the call and many switches do it by 'tromboning' over two lines

3) Using Non Geographic Numbers.
OK. But a number of problems. (see current long running debate in this
forum?)

4) And here is the question! I seem to recall an ISDN feature which will
allow the initial 'target' number to reject the incoming call and respond
with an alternative number for the network to deliver the call to.

So, the question is. Is the feature I've outlined above really exist, or is
it a feature so high on my wish list that I've made it 'real'? If such a
feature does exist, what is the correct terminology to use to trigger
reponses from potential suppliers? What does it cost? What prevents
fraudulent or malicious numbers to be used in the diverted leg?

Apologies in advance for any mis-use of terms in the above.

Any other suggestions as possible solutions also welcome.

Thanks

Maurice

Old April 7th 05, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Undrill

Netcom mbickers wrote:
I'm currently investigating the replacement and enhancement of
telephony and data services across three small offices which
are geographically close ( well! within a 10 mile radius
anyway) but on three different BT exchanges.

This for a charity, so funding is very limited.

There is a need for a few numbers to be diverted to whichever
office key members of the management team are currently at.

snip

Any other suggestions as possible solutions also welcome.

Thanks

Maurice

Have you thought of simply using the Call Diversion service. It
is possible, at extra cost, to remotely set, cancel and change
the diversion.

You may also like to look into BTs FeatureLine service. This
would allow you to transfer calls between offices if required.
FeatureLine includes Call Diversion.

We have three offices spread around the UK and find the above
works really well.

HTH

Mark