8MB ADSL @ 29.99/month

Old April 6th 05, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default 8MB ADSL @ 29.99/month

UKOnline have announced that they are reducing the price of their 8MB
ADSL LLU service to 29.99/month (from 39.99/month).

They are also offering a free WiFi ADSL modem/router for new customers.

(12 month contract and 500GB/month cap apply)

More details at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/

Regards
Sunil

Old April 6th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
oups.com...
UKOnline have announced that they are reducing the price of their 8MB
ADSL LLU service to 29.99/month (from 39.99/month).

They are also offering a free WiFi ADSL modem/router for new customers.

(12 month contract and 500GB/month cap apply)

More details at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/

Regards
Sunil

-----------

How many people will be able to get 8mbps connection though? Many people
think they are doing well if their exchange supports 1mbps or 2mbps, so how
much of the population would be able to actually get such a service? Is
this via a BT line, or some other method ofdelivery?

Old April 6th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AP

The checker thing on their website says I will only be able to receive up to
4 meg, and they still want to charge me 29 a month, ha! who do you think
they are kidding?

oups.com...

Old April 6th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message
Im guessing their line limits are not as strict as BT's.

They estimate 50% of lines will be able to receive a 8mbps service. BT
estimate 60% of lines will be able to get 2mbps on their lines.

I hear they are using Easynet's LLU service, which, outside of London, only
seems to be available on main exchanges.

P.

Old April 6th 05, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jasper

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:21:51 +0100, "AP" wrote:

The checker thing on their website says I will only be able to receive up to
4 meg, and they still want to charge me 29 a month, ha! who do you think
they are kidding?

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
roups.com...
UKOnline have announced that they are reducing the price of their 8MB
ADSL LLU service to 29.99/month (from 39.99/month).

They are also offering a free WiFi ADSL modem/router for new customers.

(12 month contract and 500GB/month cap apply)

More details at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/

Regards
Sunil

As other posters have pointed out, if you have the audacity to live
anywhere in the country outside of London expect to see this message:

Unfortunately UK Online Broadband 8000 is not currently available in
your area. However, If you enter your details here it will help us
measure demand, so that we can decide where to enable next.

And this is in the progressive city of Newcastle Upon Tyne !

Jasper
Old April 6th 05, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Dan" d.d.com wrote in message
Im guessing their line limits are not as strict as BT's.

Yes, the line limits that LLU operators (i.e. Bulldog, Easynet/UKOnline and
HomeChoice) use are different

They estimate 50% of lines will be able to receive a 8mbps service. BT
estimate 60% of lines will be able to get 2mbps on their lines.

From a couple of BT presentations I have seen they actually estimate that
approximately:

99.8% can get a 512kbps service on an enabled exchange
97% can get 1MB
82% can get 2MB

using BT Wholesale's current line limits.

Regards
Sunil
PS: I think your system time/time zone is incorrect on your computer

Old April 6th 05, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"PJB" wrote in message
I hear they are using Easynet's LLU service, which, outside of London,
only
seems to be available on main exchanges.

UKOnline are owned by Easynet and are their "consumer arm" so its not a
suprise.

They plan to roll the UKOnline service out to all Easynet LLU exchanges - a
list is at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

A list of exchanges with it already available is at:
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...Number=1625700

Regards
Sunil

Old April 6th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"jasper" wrote in message
As other posters have pointed out, if you have the audacity to live
anywhere in the country outside of London expect to see this message:

Unfortunately UK Online Broadband 8000 is not currently available in
your area. However, If you enter your details here it will help us
measure demand, so that we can decide where to enable next.

And this is in the progressive city of Newcastle Upon Tyne !

Newcastle (Under Lyme) and Dimsdale are listed on
http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php so some of the exchanges
in your area will be getting the service "soon".

UKOnline say they now have LLU exchanges with their 8Mb broadband tariff
covering more than 2 million homes and are aiming to have 4.4 million homes
covered by the end of May.

However, UKOnline were deliberately offering the service in London/the South
East first, as that is where demand is highest.

Regards
Sunil

Old April 6th 05, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Just got my e-mail confirming this today. Been with them for one week
and everything is great. I get the full 8MB speed and support is
brilliant.