Avoid Talktalk broadband at ANY cost

Old April 6th 05, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Avoid Talktalk broadband at ANY cost

Do NOT be lured in by what seems like a bargain. I can tell you from
sad experience that ANY provider would give you more efficient service
than the incompetents at talktalk.

The service is so bad that my wife and I are going to cancel our mobile
phone accounts that go through the Carphone Warehouse, which is a
related company.

Don't say you haven't been warned. To "save" what you hope will be a
few pounds a month, you will suffer 10x that in agro.

Old April 7th 05, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

wrote in message
ups.com...
Do NOT be lured in by what seems like a bargain. I can tell you from
sad experience that ANY provider would give you more efficient service
than the incompetents at talktalk.

The service is so bad that my wife and I are going to cancel our mobile
phone accounts that go through the Carphone Warehouse, which is a
related company.

Don't say you haven't been warned. To "save" what you hope will be a
few pounds a month, you will suffer 10x that in agro.

Care to give some examples to back up your comments? I have been on Talk
Talk BB for 6 weeks now without a problem.....or am I perhaps tempting fate
; )

Norman

Old April 7th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

"Norman" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Do NOT be lured in by what seems like a bargain. I can tell you from
sad experience that ANY provider would give you more efficient service
than the incompetents at talktalk.

The service is so bad that my wife and I are going to cancel our mobile
phone accounts that go through the Carphone Warehouse, which is a
related company.

Don't say you haven't been warned. To "save" what you hope will be a
few pounds a month, you will suffer 10x that in agro.

Care to give some examples to back up your comments? I have been on Talk
Talk BB for 6 weeks now without a problem.....or am I perhaps tempting

fate
; )

Norman

I've just signed up with em, a few days ago.
How are you finding the service for speed and drop-offs Norman?
Oh BTW.
I don't think there is an broadband ISP with all satisfied customers, if all
my recent research is anything to go by.
They're all going through a boom time now, rushed off their little feet and
too busy to sort out problems.
Things should maybe ease off a bit this year ;-)
Harry.

Old April 8th 05, 12:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Norman

"Harry" wrote in message

"Norman" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I *knew* I was tempting fate! I set up a few torrents to download when I
went out tonight, must have disconnected sometime in the early evening. To
be honest disconnects are not too uncommon it has to be said, if you like to
download when your not around the pc then maybe you should look elsewhere.
Speeds are generally ok, no evidence of "throttling" here as some have
reported. For the cost its ok and the missus is happy with the free evening
and weekend calls too!

Norman

Old April 8th 05, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
.. .
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Cor did I see you on Micro-net along with the MicroGnome and Squeeky da
mouse?

H.

Old April 8th 05, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Harry:
"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
.. .
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Cor did I see you on Micro-net along with the MicroGnome and Squeeky
da mouse?

H.

When I was with Pipex, I had been connected without disconnection for 3
months.

When I had Talk Talk my PC would drop sometimes 3 - 4 times an hour, mostly
2 - 3 times every two hours, happened more when downloading.

Their news groups would often be down, their DNS down, browsing sluggish, high
pings, downloads would crawl. Thankfully I am back with Pipex and have non of
these problems.