Do all NTL newsserver names point to same server?

Old April 7th 05, 02:48 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking
Treefrog

Default Do all NTL newsserver names point to same server?

"Sandi" wrote in message
A year or so ago NTL had different newsservers and gave them
different names. For example:
news.ntlworld.com
text.news.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntlworld.com
newscache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntl.com
news.cache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cache.ntlworld.com
etc

Just be thankfull that you don't have to use Pipex's pitiful servers.

Old April 7th 05, 04:14 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking
Dave

"Treefrog" wrote in message
"Sandi" wrote in message
A year or so ago NTL had different newsservers and gave them
different names. For example:
news.ntlworld.com
text.news.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntlworld.com
newscache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntl.com
news.cache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cache.ntlworld.com
etc

Just be thankfull that you don't have to use Pipex's pitiful servers.

Nowt wrong with Pipex's servers. Can't remember the address for the
giganews server but it's pretty damn good in my opinion.

Old April 7th 05, 07:44 PM posted to ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.home-networking
Treefrog

"Dave" wrote in message

"Treefrog" wrote in message
"Sandi" wrote in message
A year or so ago NTL had different newsservers and gave them
different names. For example:
news.ntlworld.com
text.news.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntlworld.com
newscache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cable.ntl.com
news.cache.cable.ntlworld.com
news.cache.ntlworld.com
etc

Just be thankfull that you don't have to use Pipex's pitiful servers.

Nowt wrong with Pipex's servers. Can't remember the address for the
giganews server but it's pretty damn good in my opinion.

I had endless trouble with it. I sent posts and they never got posted, the
groups were often out of date and it was very slow. Can't fault them for
anything else though, they were a very good ISP, just their news server (at
least from my POP) was toss.