NTL speed / capping .. I'm confused?

Old April 7th 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

Default NTL speed / capping .. I'm confused?

Hi All,

Firstly I've been a happy NTL customer (touching MDF, and there had to
be *one* right g) for a good few years now. From free dial-up to
free 150k 300k bb 'upgrade' and the few times over the years I've
needed to phone CS I've got through fairly quickly and my questions
answered ok. (maybe I've just been lucky .. so far) ;-(

Anyway, I believe at the click of a button I can upgrade my '300k'
service to 1M but then do I go from a nominal capping of 1G/day to
3G/month. (capping not actually applied til Sept or summat?)

I have also been told that the speed upgrade / cap will come into play
later in the year if I like it or not?

I think the 3G/month cap only applies to those of us going from 300K
1M. All the other services have the 1G / day ?

Also am I currently 'enjoying' 150k 'up' but with 1G I'm told that
drops to 100k ?

All the best and thanks for your time ...

T i m

Old April 8th 05, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Depresion

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

Firstly I've been a happy NTL customer (touching MDF, and there had to
be *one* right g) for a good few years now. From free dial-up to
free 150k 300k bb 'upgrade' and the few times over the years I've
needed to phone CS I've got through fairly quickly and my questions
answered ok. (maybe I've just been lucky .. so far) ;-(

Anyway, I believe at the click of a button I can upgrade my '300k'
service to 1M but then do I go from a nominal capping of 1G/day to
3G/month. (capping not actually applied til Sept or summat?)

I have also been told that the speed upgrade / cap will come into play
later in the year if I like it or not?

AFAIK the top 2 levels will be upgraded automatically but people on the 300 will
be able to stay at 300 and keep the current cap.

I think the 3G/month cap only applies to those of us going from 300K
1M. All the other services have the 1G / day ?

Yep crap isn't it.

Also am I currently 'enjoying' 150k 'up' but with 1G I'm told that
drops to 100k ?

I was under the impression that the 300k only had 64k up, even so 100k up isn't
good but as you won't be able to do much Voip or gaming with a 3GB cap

Old April 8th 05, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:06:23 GMT, "Depresion" wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

Firstly I've been a happy NTL customer (touching MDF, and there had to
be *one* right g) for a good few years now. From free dial-up to
free 150k 300k bb 'upgrade' and the few times over the years I've
needed to phone CS I've got through fairly quickly and my questions
answered ok. (maybe I've just been lucky .. so far) ;-(

Anyway, I believe at the click of a button I can upgrade my '300k'
service to 1M but then do I go from a nominal capping of 1G/day to
3G/month. (capping not actually applied til Sept or summat?)

I have also been told that the speed upgrade / cap will come into play
later in the year if I like it or not?

AFAIK the top 2 levels will be upgraded automatically but people on the 300 will
be able to stay at 300 and keep the current cap.

Hi, thanks for the reply (I was beginning to think I'd asked a too
simple / difficult question!) ;-)

I think the 3G/month cap only applies to those of us going from 300K
1M. All the other services have the 1G / day ?

Yep crap isn't it.

I thought so .. (if I'd understood it right) .. ;-(

Also am I currently 'enjoying' 150k 'up' but with 1G I'm told that
drops to 100k ?

I was under the impression that the 300k only had 64k up,

You may well be right ..

even so 100k up isn't
good but as you won't be able to do much Voip or gaming with a 3GB cap

Or have your daughter on web cam to her mates most the evening (I've
even put Netlimiter on her PC so she doesn't nick all our bandwith) ..
;-(

So, will I be forced to accept the 3G/ month cap later in the year no
matter what *I* want do you (or anyone) know please?

I mean, 1G/day we could (can) live with .. but 3G / month .. not
'week' .. month! ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Old April 9th 05, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SimpleSimon

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:06:23 GMT, "Depresion" wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

AFAIK if you stay at 300k then you will stay at 1GB/day cap. It is only if
you decide to upgrade to the 1Mb service will you then get the 3GB/month
cap.

Simon

Old April 9th 05, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:21:45 GMT, "SimpleSimon"
wrote:

I mean, 1G/day we could (can) live with .. but 3G / month .. not
'week' .. month! ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

AFAIK if you stay at 300k then you will stay at 1GB/day cap. It is only if
you decide to upgrade to the 1Mb service will you then get the 3GB/month
cap.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the confirmation .. ;-(

I suppose what would really annoy me would be if I get lumbered with
the 3G/Month cap *anyway* later in the year and miss out on 1G b/w in
the meantime?

All the best ..

T i m