How long do Tiscali make you wait for ADSL ??

Old April 8th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Harvey

Default How long do Tiscali make you wait for ADSL ??

Hi,
My neighbours were interested in getting ADSL and I advised them to
contact their ISP (they were PAYG on tiscali dial-up) and get an ADSL order
in and it would only be a week and they would be up and running. It has been
a week now and they have not recieved the modem, or sign-up details and thus
do not know it their line is active yet.

I checked the small print on the Tiscali ADSL order site and it appears
that they say it would be 10 [working] days. Is this really how long it
takes ? Is the delay down to BT or is it the ISP's administration delay ??

I suppose with all the TV advertising recentlly they have a full order
book....

Steve

Old April 8th 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brax

"Steve Harvey" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
My neighbours were interested in getting ADSL and I advised them to
contact their ISP (they were PAYG on tiscali dial-up) and get an ADSL
order in and it would only be a week and they would be up and running. It
has been a week now and they have not recieved the modem, or sign-up
details and thus do not know it their line is active yet.

I checked the small print on the Tiscali ADSL order site and it appears
that they say it would be 10 [working] days. Is this really how long it
takes ? Is the delay down to BT or is it the ISP's administration delay ??

I suppose with all the TV advertising recentlly they have a full order
book....

Steve

Take my advice, avoid them at all costs, no mater how cheap they are...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0514-2, 08/04/2005
Tested on: 08/04/2005 16:57:30

Old April 8th 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The invisible man

Default How long does it take to get free of Tiscali? Was: How long do Tiscali make you wait for ADSL ??

"Brax" wrote in message

"Steve Harvey" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
My neighbours were interested in getting ADSL and I advised them to
contact their ISP (they were PAYG on tiscali dial-up) and get an ADSL
order in and it would only be a week and they would be up and running. It
has been a week now and they have not recieved the modem, or sign-up
details and thus do not know it their line is active yet.

I checked the small print on the Tiscali ADSL order site and it appears
that they say it would be 10 [working] days. Is this really how long it
takes ? Is the delay down to BT or is it the ISP's administration delay
??

I suppose with all the TV advertising recentlly they have a full order
book....

Steve

Take my advice, avoid them at all costs, no mater how cheap they are...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0514-2, 08/04/2005
Tested on: 08/04/2005 16:57:30

Tiscali were a nightmare. It took 3 letters to the chief exec to finally get
my line cleared. Don't go near them !!
Go to http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ and look at there ratings and forum.

Old April 8th 05, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Take my advice, avoid them at all costs, no mater how cheap they are...

Yes, but he gave that advice to his neighbours. Wonder what they did to
him...

Dave

again
in the future!!
Old April 8th 05, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lenny Nero

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 16:52:51 +0100, Steve Harvey said:

Hi,
My neighbours were interested in getting ADSL and I advised them to
contact their ISP (they were PAYG on tiscali dial-up) and get an ADSL
order in and it would only be a week and they would be up and running.
It has been a week now and they have not recieved the modem, or sign-up
details and thus do not know it their line is active yet.

I checked the small print on the Tiscali ADSL order site and it
appears
that they say it would be 10 [working] days. Is this really how long it
takes ? Is the delay down to BT or is it the ISP's administration delay
??

I suppose with all the TV advertising recentlly they have a full order
book....

Steve

It took 10 weeks for me to get my tiscali line switched on, and 2 more to
get the modem, and yes they did start to charge me after 10 days.

It then took 3 to 4 months to get a connection I could use for more than 3
hours a day, I had no connection after 10 pm every night for the first 4
months.

Every thing is 'not our fault' I have a few months until my 12 month
sentence is up, then I can look forward to months of problems trying to
get them off of my line.

I would rather go back to dial up that stay with tiscali.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com

Old April 9th 05, 08:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bert Kruiswijk

I had to wait 2 weeks, but my line was broadband enabled within 7 days. I
know that there are people complaining about Tiscali.
I am extremely happy, good service, high speeds.

Bert.
news

Old April 9th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Bert Kruiswijk wrote on 09/04/2005 :
I had to wait 2 weeks, but my line was broadband enabled within 7 days. I
know that there are people complaining about Tiscali.
I am extremely happy, good service, high speeds.

That has been our experience over the past 15 months. I got my own
router/modem and the line was live within 6 days, then I had to pester
Tiscali a little to do their bit at their end. It was working an hour
or two after that.

Support is now rubbish, should you have problems, but our service has
been consistently good, reliable and full speed.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old April 9th 05, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jfh

" Take my advice, avoid them at all costs, no mater how cheap they are...

I would second that. I have never meet such a bunch of useless idiots as
their installation people. After waiting a month they informed me they could
not provide an ADSL service in my area. It then took them another two months
to release the line and then only after an Oftel warning. As the say pay
peanuts get Monkeys..

Old April 10th 05, 02:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lenny Nero

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 13:01:13 +0100, Harry Bloomfield said:

Bert Kruiswijk wrote on 09/04/2005 :
I had to wait 2 weeks, but my line was broadband enabled within 7 days.
I know that there are people complaining about Tiscali. I am extremely
happy, good service, high speeds.

That has been our experience over the past 15 months. I got my own
router/modem and the line was live within 6 days, then I had to pester
Tiscali a little to do their bit at their end. It was working an hour or
two after that.

Support is now rubbish, should you have problems, but our service has
been consistently good, reliable and full speed.

I will admit that when it works it works ok, but as for support, there is
none, I have been told so many very silly things by the CS, need a new
motherboard to use the free modem, not true (nForce), the internet gets
busy after 10 pm, if there is a person in my road with a better connection
they will push my connection 'off'.

Then after a while your are just not answered anymore.

I have had 2 months out of 9/10 where I could connect at any time of the
day.

The latest is my line cant get the free upgrade to 512, BT say (and all
others I have tested with) line fine for 2MB plus. That caused me to have
no connection for 2 weeks.

IMHO tiscali are not worth the gamble, they lost the whole of Southern UK
for days and their site still said 'all areas fine and 100% working'.

L.