Starbucks WiFi

Old April 9th 05, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooby Doo

Default Starbucks WiFi

Anyone know how much Starbucks charge for using their WiFi instore?

Thanks

Old April 9th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 10:30:54 +0100, "Scooby Doo"
wrote:

Anyone know how much Starbucks charge for using their WiFi instore?

Why not pick up a leaflet and ask them?

Lol, sorry

Info should be here somewhere

http://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
Old April 9th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve P

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
Anyone know how much Starbucks charge for using their WiFi instore?

Thanks

Well the Starbucks site links to this which gives prices
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher...phones_wb_uksp

Old April 9th 05, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooby Doo

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
Anyone know how much Starbucks charge for using their WiFi instore?

Thanks

Actually found the costs here
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher...phones_wb_uksp

Allowance
Price (inc VAT)

1 hour
5.00

3 hours
7.50

24 hours
13.00

168 hours (Equivalent to 7 days)
30.00

720 hours (Equivalent to 1 month)
45.00

The hours mentioned above - is that for the hours used? For example, the 45
tarriff looks good value - does that mean I can use 720 hours of surfing in
one year, or that I can surf unlimited for 1 month?

Thanks

Old April 9th 05, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Raven

Scooby Doo wrote:

The hours mentioned above - is that for the hours used? For example, the 45
tarriff looks good value - does that mean I can use 720 hours of surfing in
one year, or that I can surf unlimited for 1 month?

The latter I believe.

Tony
Old April 9th 05, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:37:30 +0100, tHatDudeUK
wrote:
http://www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/

Ooops should be

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/hotspot/
Old April 9th 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wireless Reader

Scooby Doo wrote:
Anyone know how much Starbucks charge for using their WiFi instore?

Don't forget that if you are a BT Openzone user you can roam with your
minutes at Starbucks (t-mobile). Openzone have some good offers on at
the moment.
Old April 9th 05, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scooby Doo

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Scooby Doo wrote:

The hours mentioned above - is that for the hours used? For example, the

45
tarriff looks good value - does that mean I can use 720 hours of surfing

in
one year, or that I can surf unlimited for 1 month?

The latter I believe.

Tony

Bugger!!! That's not great value then.

Was even thinking of getting a smaller laptop if that was indeed the price,
ie 720 hours of surfing for 45 - knew it was too good to be true :-(

Old April 10th 05, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

Make it worth your while and take your entire home PC to Starbucks:

http://www.chrisdiclerico.com/images...nerd_1_240.jpg

Old April 10th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article ,
Scooby Doo wrote:
Actually found the costs here
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher...phones_wb_uksp

Allowance
Price (inc VAT)

1 hour
5.00

3 hours
7.50

24 hours
13.00

168 hours (Equivalent to 7 days)
30.00

720 hours (Equivalent to 1 month)
45.00

The hours mentioned above - is that for the hours used? For example, the 45
tarriff looks good value - does that mean I can use 720 hours of surfing in
one year, or that I can surf unlimited for 1 month?

Better yet, sign up with BT OpenZone. You can access the Internet via a
partnering agreement BTOZ have with T-Mobile (who run the hotspots in
Starbucks), The Cloud and ReadyToSurf. Pricing is much better:

GBP Minutes/month
10 (2) 250 +20p/min thereafter
5 500 +10p/min - BT Broadband/BT Mobile customers only
25 (15) 4000 +10p/min capped at GBP75

all prices ex VAT; () indicates introductory 3-month pricing.

See http://www.btopenzone.com/buy/pricing_plans.jsp

Zane.