BT Broadband

Old April 10th 05, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default BT Broadband

On the 2nd I had a stop put on BT Business Broadband, finally got a MAC
number and placed an order with Talk Talk (24.99) for broadband and free
landline calls which I thought was a good deal.

Now I was expecting a delay where I would have to go back to dial up, whilst
the change took place BUT

As of now BT line is still up, and I haven't heard from Talk Talk, to be
fair to them they did quote 21 days.

Any idea typically how long it takes for BT to disconnect?

Cheers

Old April 11th 05, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Paul wrote:
On the 2nd I had a stop put on BT Business Broadband, finally got a MAC
number and placed an order with Talk Talk (24.99) for broadband and free
landline calls which I thought was a good deal.

Now I was expecting a delay where I would have to go back to dial up, whilst
the change took place BUT

As of now BT line is still up, and I haven't heard from Talk Talk, to be
fair to them they did quote 21 days.

Any idea typically how long it takes for BT to disconnect?

If Talk, Talk have placed a migration order then they should be able to
tell you the date your service will be switched. TBH it shouldn't really
take much longer than a fortnight to migrate you across. Most migrations
only take a week or so.

Kind Regards,

Old April 11th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Now have a disconnect date from BT of the 14th, phoned Talk Talk, and they
hadn't heard from BT whether they can take the line over.

Questions:

1 Do BT hold to the date given
2 All I need from Talk Talk is their network info as all the kit is
there. They say they haven't heard anything from BT yet.
3 Any one got an ideas.....

Thanks