Good broadband provider in London?

Old April 11th 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marco

Default Good broadband provider in London?

I live in London and would like to switch from dialup to broadband.
Which provider would you recommend? The ADSLguide website
(www.adslguide.org.uk) seems to suggest that Mailbox Internet is the
best broadband provider in the UK. Does anyone have any experience with
it?
Thanks,

Marco

Old April 11th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
IntechHosting.com

Marco wrote:
I live in London and would like to switch from dialup to broadband.
Which provider would you recommend? The ADSLguide website
(www.adslguide.org.uk) seems to suggest that Mailbox Internet is the
best broadband provider in the UK. Does anyone have any experience with
it?
Thanks,

Marco

Take a look at Bulldog (www.bulldogbroadband.com) or UKOnline, the
former providing 4mbit broadband with a phone line rental included for
30/month, the latter providing 512k/sec DSL with no caps for 10/month.

Hope that helps,

--
Martin Alderson
http://www.IntechHosting.com
Old April 11th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Marco wrote:
I live in London and would like to switch from dialup to broadband.
Which provider would you recommend? The ADSLguide website
(www.adslguide.org.uk) seems to suggest that Mailbox Internet is the
best broadband provider in the UK. Does anyone have any experience with
it?
Thanks,

Marco

25 a month seems a bit pricey. If you are happy accepting a download
limit (like 1 - 5 GB a month) you can get a expect to be paying 15 to
18 a month. If you have been OK with dial-up you may find that is
plenty and you can avoid paying extra for data transfer you will never
use.
The main choices are in the peripherals of the package (email webspace)
and the startup deal (up front or spread out, the cost gets back to you
somehow !). Free modems aren't worth it, go for a router.

Apart from customer service, most experiences suggest that there isn't
much between the actual services from most reasonable providers. Avoid
the usual suspects of AOL/NTL/Tiscali & BT on price.

Bill

Old April 12th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marco

Bill wrote:

25 a month seems a bit pricey. If you are happy accepting a

download
limit (like 1 - 5 GB a month) you can get a expect to be paying 15

18 a month. If you have been OK with dial-up you may find that is
plenty and you can avoid paying extra for data transfer you will

never
use.

Thanks, but which ISP's would you recommend? I'm happy with download
limits but the only ones I can see which provide lower prices are
Tiscali/AOL/NTL...

Marco

Old April 12th 05, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marco

IntecHosting.com wrote:

Take a look at Bulldog (www.bulldogbroadband.com) or UKOnline, the
former providing 4mbit broadband with a phone line rental included

for
30/month, the latter providing 512k/sec DSL with no caps for

10/month.

Thanks, I have looked at Bulldog but it doesn't seem to fare too well
according to ADSLguide, and UKOnline isn't there at all. Do you have
experience with these ISP's?

Marco

Old April 15th 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Marco wrote:
Bill wrote:

25 a month seems a bit pricey. If you are happy accepting a

download

limit (like 1 - 5 GB a month) you can get a expect to be paying 15

18 a month. If you have been OK with dial-up you may find that is
plenty and you can avoid paying extra for data transfer you will

never

use.

Thanks, but which ISP's would you recommend? I'm happy with download
limits but the only ones I can see which provide lower prices are
Tiscali/AOL/NTL...

Marco

Plus/Force9 (same company), freedom2surf should suit.

Eclipse and Virgin plan 2 also look promising, but I have no idea of how
good/bad they are.

Personally, and it is ultimately a personal choice, I am with Plus, 1Mb
/ 1GB and paid activation charges up front, bought my own kit.

Bill