512K ADSL for 10, 2MB for 20 with no data caps

Old April 11th 05, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Sunil Sood

Default 512K ADSL for 10, 2MB for 20 with no data caps

UK Online has announced that it is dropping the price of its 512K ADSL
service to 9.99 per month and its 2Mbps service to 19.99 per month
(which makes "sense" as the 8MB is now 29.99) with no data caps.

This pricing only applies on exchanges where UK Online have unbundled
the exchange allowing them to use the EasyNet LLU network. A list of
these is at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

Pricing remains at 19.99 and 29.99 if your exchange has not been
unbundled by UK Online.

Set-up fee of 25 and free USB modem but it is a 12 month contract I
believe.

See http://www.ukonline.net/ for more details.

Regards
Sunil

Old April 11th 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
The Daivari Rover

Wow, 20 for 2MB with NO cap seems excellent! Any catches?
Old April 11th 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Sunil Sood

"The Daivari Rover" wrote in message
Wow, 20 for 2MB with NO cap seems excellent! Any catches?

You have to be on one of the exchanges they have LLU'ed

Regards
Sunil

Old April 11th 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Black Shuck

Sunil Sood got up from the bar and shouted: :
UK Online has announced that it is dropping the price of its 512K ADSL
service to 9.99 per month and its 2Mbps service to 19.99 per month
(which makes "sense" as the 8MB is now 29.99) with no data caps.

This pricing only applies on exchanges where UK Online have unbundled
the exchange allowing them to use the EasyNet LLU network. A list of
these is at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

Pricing remains at 19.99 and 29.99 if your exchange has not been
unbundled by UK Online.

Set-up fee of 25 and free USB modem but it is a 12 month contract I
believe.

See http://www.ukonline.net/ for more details.

Regards
Sunil

Shame only a small percentage of the UK can actually get it...
Old April 11th 05, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
David Wade

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
Sunil Sood got up from the bar and shouted: :
UK Online has announced that it is dropping the price of its 512K ADSL
service to 9.99 per month and its 2Mbps service to 19.99 per month
(which makes "sense" as the 8MB is now 29.99) with no data caps.

This pricing only applies on exchanges where UK Online have unbundled
the exchange allowing them to use the EasyNet LLU network. A list of
these is at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

Pricing remains at 19.99 and 29.99 if your exchange has not been
unbundled by UK Online.

Set-up fee of 25 and free USB modem but it is a 12 month contract I
believe.

See http://www.ukonline.net/ for more details.

Regards
Sunil

Shame only a small percentage of the UK can actually get it...

I think its about 10%. The checker on their site is really NAFF. If you omit
a postcode or phone number it says "no service" instead of fill in both
fields. And despite the Altrincham exchange being listed it says "no cheap
service" to my number!

Old April 11th 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Sunil Sood

"David Wade" wrote in message
I think its about 10%. The checker on their site is really NAFF. If you
omit
a postcode or phone number it says "no service" instead of fill in both
fields. And despite the Altrincham exchange being listed it says "no
cheap
service" to my number!

The exchanges UKOnline have currently LLU'ed are at
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...Number=1625700

The ones they plan to LLU (including the ones they have done) are at
http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

The first url says that Altrincham has not yet been LLU'ed but should be
within 2 or 3 weeks - hence the cheaper prices are not yet available to you.

Regards
Sunil

Old April 12th 05, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Ronald Jones

In message . com, Sunil
Sood writes
UK Online has announced that it is dropping the price of its 512K ADSL
service to 9.99 per month and its 2Mbps service to 19.99 per month
(which makes "sense" as the 8MB is now 29.99) with no data caps.

This pricing only applies on exchanges where UK Online have unbundled
the exchange allowing them to use the EasyNet LLU network. A list of
these is at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

Pricing remains at 19.99 and 29.99 if your exchange has not been
unbundled by UK Online.

Set-up fee of 25 and free USB modem but it is a 12 month contract I
believe.

See http://www.ukonline.net/ for more details.

Regards
Sunil

Interesting info,
So as I am with PlusNet at present I went to their site and filled in my
Post code and phone number to see if I could get a 2GB connection living
5miles from Maidenhead.Iwas very surprised to get a message that I could
not get BB connection at all which is untrue as I have a 512 connection
with PlusNet.
Is this peculiar to ukonline or is it a BT error ?

--
Ronald Jones
Old April 12th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Morgan

Sunil Sood wrote:
UK Online has announced that it is dropping the price of its 512K ADSL
service to 9.99 per month and its 2Mbps service to 19.99 per month
(which makes "sense" as the 8MB is now 29.99) with no data caps.

This pricing only applies on exchanges where UK Online have unbundled
the exchange allowing them to use the EasyNet LLU network. A list of
these is at http://www.ukonline.net/8000/llu_exchangelist.php

Pricing remains at 19.99 and 29.99 if your exchange has not been
unbundled by UK Online.

Set-up fee of 25 and free USB modem but it is a 12 month contract I
believe.

See http://www.ukonline.net/ for more details.

Regards
Sunil

Be aware though that if you are migrating from an ISP to UK online then you
can't have their 2mb service if you aren't coming from a 2mb line already.
My 512kb connection with Wanadoo will allow me to migrate to an 8mb line at
29.99 per month, but not the 2mb option.

--
Regards

Morgan

Hard drive noise...
www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk
Old April 12th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Bigbird

"Ronald Jones" wrote in message
In message . com, Sunil
Sood writes
[...]

Without looking at the checker again, my guess would be that you are not on
the Maidenhead exchange (8km is beyond the limits isn't it) and they were
only checking wrt that limited list of exchanges.

Are you definitely on Maidenhead? Not, say, Littlewick Green, Marlow, Bourne
End or Burnham for example.