One modem better signal/noise than another?

Old April 11th 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Default One modem better signal/noise than another?

Anyone experienced significantly different reported SNR, or SNR margin
between modems?
The two I've got (both conexant chipsets) agree within a couple of dB.
Old April 11th 07, 02:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:09, Ian Stirling wrote:

Anyone experienced significantly different reported SNR, or SNR margin
between modems?
The two I've got (both conexant chipsets) agree within a couple of dB.

I'll test some different units later on, but curious to know which models
you are using, as I've found them to be less than ideal on DSL Max.

Old April 11th 07, 03:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

ADSL2+ modems with TI chipsets such as recent Zyxel and Draytek routers can
work with lower SNR and give higher speeds, I have proved it on my 5km line.
Regards,
Martin