Best ADSL filters.

Old April 11th 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default Best ADSL filters.

I thought I'd try some better filters in a vain attempt to stop my router
from randomly disconnecting. Any ideas on which are considered best? The
ones at adslnation sound like the are at the top of the tree but are there
any others I should look at?

Many thanks.

Dave.

Old April 11th 05, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

"Dave" wrote in
:

I thought I'd try some better filters in a vain attempt to stop my
router from randomly disconnecting. Any ideas on which are considered
best? The ones at adslnation sound like the are at the top of the
tree but are there any others I should look at?

Is your router plugged into the master socket? You could try a filtered
master socket faceplate.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/
Old April 11th 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:54:55 +0100, Dave wrote:

I thought I'd try some better filters in a vain attempt to stop my router
from randomly disconnecting.

I have the same sort of problem - I also get some white noise on normal
phone calls.

I can't work it out, sometimes my router is synched for 70 days, then it
will lose sync randomly?

Old April 11th 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
yo-man

I use the ADSLNation filters with cordless DECT phones with CLID and have
absolutely no problems. I was advised not to bother with cheap filters
because I have DECT phones, so I can't tell you how good cheaper filters
are, but I can wholeheartedly recommend the ADSLNations.

HTH

Old April 12th 05, 02:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dee

Dave wrote:
I thought I'd try some better filters in a vain attempt to stop my router
from randomly disconnecting. Any ideas on which are considered best? The
ones at adslnation sound like the are at the top of the tree but are there
any others I should look at?

Many thanks.

Dave.

I had similar problem which was solved by buying a UPS which helped
stablise the power going to it.
Old April 12th 05, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Phil" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in
:

I thought I'd try some better filters in a vain attempt to stop my
router from randomly disconnecting. Any ideas on which are considered
best? The ones at adslnation sound like the are at the top of the
tree but are there any others I should look at?

Is your router plugged into the master socket? You could try a filtered
master socket faceplate.

I've got one of those - the BT man installed it when he convinced my modem
to sync with the exchange. Oddly enough though I get 1db more SNR when
using the filter that came with the speedtouch modem.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/

Old April 12th 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Godfrey

"Dave" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in
:

I thought I'd try some better filters in a vain attempt to stop my
router from randomly disconnecting. Any ideas on which are considered
best? The ones at adslnation sound like the are at the top of the
tree but are there any others I should look at?

Is your router plugged into the master socket? You could try a filtered
master socket faceplate.

I've got one of those - the BT man installed it when he convinced my modem
to sync with the exchange. Oddly enough though I get 1db more SNR when
using the filter that came with the speedtouch modem.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/

Sorry if I've misunderstood but if you have a filtered faceplate then you
don't need to use another filter...

Old April 12th 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Paul Godfrey" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in
:

I thought I'd try some better filters in a vain attempt to stop my
router from randomly disconnecting. Any ideas on which are

considered
best? The ones at adslnation sound like the are at the top of the
tree but are there any others I should look at?

Is your router plugged into the master socket? You could try a

filtered
master socket faceplate.

I've got one of those - the BT man installed it when he convinced my

modem
to sync with the exchange. Oddly enough though I get 1db more SNR when
using the filter that came with the speedtouch modem.

--
Phil
http://www.weezer.plus.com/

Sorry if I've misunderstood but if you have a filtered faceplate then you
don't need to use another filter...

You'd think that but I have to use a second filter between the filtered
faceplate and cordless phone to prevent the connection from dropping when
the phone rings!!! Basically I'm trying to improve my SNR and I thought
getting a better filter may help with that.

Old April 12th 05, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Nigel M wrote:
In uk.telecom.broadband, HVB wrote:

I went through two types of filter (some el-cheapo thing and Excelsus
Z-Blocker) before some kind soul pointed me in the direction of
ADSLnation.

Although if you watch this thread long enough, you will get some ****
saying that the cheaper ones are just as good.

Well ...... they are, aren't they.

Actually, I know they're not, but I'd also say it's horses for courses.
Some installations can get away with cheap filters, some can't. IMHO
using cheaper filters is a false economy. Decent filters allowbetter,
more stable connections for all line users and equipment than cheaper
filters.

In most cases demonstrably so.

--
The Caretaker .........