BB providers query

Old April 11th 05, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netty

Default BB providers query

I'm looking to change BB provider and am looking at several different ones.
Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the following companies???

a) Homecall
b) Tesco
c) ADSL4less

I'm not looking for anything over 512kbps but am after an uncapped service
and don't really want to pay over 25 p/m. Is there any others I should look
for? I don't want to go to BT or A***holes On Line.

Also, does anybody know whether I can use my Alcatel frog modem with other
companies or will I have to purchase another modem???

TIA

Netty

Old April 11th 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

On 11 Apr 2005, Netty uttered the following:

I'm not looking for anything over 512kbps but am after an uncapped service
and don't really want to pay over 25 p/m. Is there any others I should look
for? I don't want to go to BT or A***holes On Line.

What exchange are you on? If it's been unbundled by Easynet then you may
be able to get 0.5Mbps uncapped for a tenner.

--
Lucy: "You are the tiniest speck in an enormous universe."
Snoopy: "Then I might as well go back to sleep."
Old April 11th 05, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:15:18 +0100, "Netty"
wrote:

Also, does anybody know whether I can use my Alcatel frog modem with other
companies or will I have to purchase another modem???

ADSL modem can be used for any ISP.

Demon 19.99 per month Home500
Metronet
F2S
Plusnet

beware of Tesco - provided by NTL as a datastream conneciton.

Phil

Old April 11th 05, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netty

"Phil Chung" wrote in message
On 11 Apr 2005, Netty uttered the following:

I'm not looking for anything over 512kbps but am after an uncapped

service
and don't really want to pay over 25 p/m. Is there any others I should

look
for? I don't want to go to BT or A***holes On Line.

What exchange are you on? If it's been unbundled by Easynet then you may
be able to get 0.5Mbps uncapped for a tenner.

My exchange? - sorry, haven't the foggiest idea.

Netty

Old April 11th 05, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Netty

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message

beware of Tesco - provided by NTL as a datastream conneciton.

Phil

Why beware? What problems could I encounter?

Netty

Old April 12th 05, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

On 11 Apr 2005, Netty uttered the following:

My exchange? - sorry, haven't the foggiest idea.

www.samknows.com/broadband will tell you which exchange you're connected
to.

--
The Web site you seek