A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Bring on LLU and we shall see!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 12th 05, 04:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 212
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04...online_tenner/

BT$ is being bitch slapped for being expensive than LLU equivalent provider.

Bring on LLU and we shall see!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAA!!

Someone please break up BT$.
They are fscking inefficient and expensive irrelevant telco.
The world over price of 2Mbit is under 1.50 pounds including
third world countries. What these BT$ managers
need to do is go cap in hand to these third world countries
and ask them to teach them a thing or two about running
a telecom company. Who knows they might even be taught
new tricks like how to use a Krone tool.

  #2  
Old April 12th 05, 07:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 294
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 03:16:28 GMT, 7
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04...online_tenner/

BT$ is being bitch slapped for being expensive than LLU equivalent provider.

Bring on LLU and we shall see!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAA!!

Someone please break up BT$.
They are fscking inefficient and expensive irrelevant telco.
The world over price of 2Mbit is under 1.50 pounds including
third world countries. What these BT$ managers
need to do is go cap in hand to these third world countries
and ask them to teach them a thing or two about running
a telecom company. Who knows they might even be taught
new tricks like how to use a Krone tool.


Not wanting to fan your flames but I think there may be a tiny grain
of truth in some of what you say. ;-)

I can remember 15 years ago when a mate moved to Italy and was offered
an ISDN line at the same cost as a std one. Over here it would have
been a fortune? Now I know the infrastructure within the UK is
'different' to that of Germany and Italy etc (they generally have
large towns miles apart and not much inbetween .. requiring a
switched rather than LL network?) but things have moved on now and we
should be enjoying the same prices as found in the rest of Europe ..
and are we?

How do the other Telco's charge for adding a telephone / data lines in
remote places though (BT only charge a nominal sum don't they?)

Another friend is currently touring the world on her motorbike and has
been using Inet Cafe's all over the place .. I think her observation
is that they are cheaper than here, "everywhere" .. including Russia?

Also whilst in a 'third world' country she had 1M internet access for
next to nothing (but no water supply) ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

  #3  
Old April 12th 05, 07:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wireless Reader
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

T i m wrote:

I can remember 15 years ago when a mate moved to Italy and was offered
an ISDN line at the same cost as a std one. Over here it would have
been a fortune?


When our first primary rate ISDN circuit went in in 1991 the per channel
cost was less than corresponding analogue at one point. The equipment to
terminate it on was more expensive but that was true of all PBX suppliers.

  #4  
Old April 12th 05, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,607
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 03:16:28 GMT, 7
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04...online_tenner/

BT$ is being bitch slapped for being expensive than LLU equivalent provider.


I don't think I have ever seen anybody use that ugly phrase where the
entity being "bitch slapped" was really having any significant
sanctions taken against them.

Usually it just means that the person using the phrase, and a few of
their friends, are complaining about the entity.

Someone please break up BT$.
They are fscking inefficient and expensive irrelevant telco.
The world over price of 2Mbit is under 1.50 pounds including
third world countries.


First, There is no "world over" price. Every country is different.
Many have completely different pricing structures, such that in
Germany, for instance, very low subscription costs are the norm, but
with only a few MB (not GB) included in the price.

Second, the places where you can get it, including a decent amount of
data, for that price, are mainly one of two situations.

They are either third world countries where the average monthly wage
is in single digits (UKP equivalent). So if you want the price to be
the same proportion of average monthly salary here, you would be
talking in terms of 100+ per month.

Or they are countries where the provision is *very* heavily subsidised
by the government.

What these BT$ managers
need to do is go cap in hand to these third world countries
and ask them to teach them a thing or two about running
a telecom company.


They most certainly do NOT need to do that. Unless you think they can
learn from those third world countries how to employ fitters at a few
hundred pounds per year salary.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If a fly has no wings would you call him a walk?

To reply by email, my address is alexATheneyDOTplusDOTcom
  #5  
Old April 12th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 60
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

every user has to pay BT 10 pounds for their BB connection to these
ficking crooks .
oftel needs to shaft them for good .

  #6  
Old April 12th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless2
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 34
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

"six-toes" wrote in message
oups.com...
every user has to pay BT 10 pounds for their BB connection to these
ficking crooks .
oftel needs to shaft them for good .


Only if they use BT's LL.


  #7  
Old April 12th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,835
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 03:16:28 GMT, 7
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04...online_tenner/

The world over price of 2Mbit is under 1.50 pounds including
third world countries.


Not this tripe again. 1.50 pounds is a months' wages in such
countries. They're paying the equivalent of over GBP 2000 for what
costs us under twenty.

What these BT$ managers
need to do is go cap in hand to these third world countries
and ask them to teach them a thing or two about running
a telecom company.


Oh, thats easy.
1) Pay your engineers twelve pounds per annum instead of 30K.
2) don't deploy more than half a million phone lines
3) don't deploy outside the capital city
4) don't deploy to any low-rent area

See, its easy. If you're a 3rd world country.

  #8  
Old April 12th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,835
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

On 12 Apr 2005 10:21:41 -0700, "six-toes"
wrote:

every user has to pay BT 10 pounds for their BB connection to these
ficking crooks .


So what you're saying is, you should be allowed to use BT's equipment
for free. I dunno, seems fair enough to me. By the way please leave
your car outside my house tomorrow, so I can use it to drive to work.
And make sure there's plenty of petrol in it.



  #9  
Old April 13th 05, 07:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 212
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

81.103.190.89 Mark McIntyre wrote:

On 12 Apr 2005 10:21:41 -0700, "six-toes"
wrote:

every user has to pay BT 10 pounds for their BB connection to these
ficking crooks .


So what you're saying is, you should be allowed to use BT's equipment
for free. I dunno, seems fair enough to me. By the way please leave
your car outside my house tomorrow, so I can use it to drive to work.
And make sure there's plenty of petrol in it.



If you run your business as emotively as this, you will fail.

What we are saying is that you speaking on behalf of BT$
will never understand how to run a telecom business.

Unfortunately, someone as superbright as you don't understand
what a gravy train is and will come out astroturfing for BT$.
The fact is others are making tons of money on 9.99 a month
broadband when BT$ is over****ing the user.
The real global price is 1.50 per 2mb. A superbright chap
like you will now say that BT$ will get ****ed if they
tried it. Thats why we suggest they go cap in hand to
third world countries so that they may teach them
a thing or two about running a telecom business.
Who knows they might actually learn what
a Knone tool is. Or frankly, they could plead guilty and
useless and sack themselves and allow BT$ to be
broken up. This will allow those who know how to make money
from charging 1.50 per 2mb broadband and provide 40mbit service
for 30 pounds etc, in line with international norms.

  #10  
Old April 13th 05, 08:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,472
Default Bring on LLU and we shall see!

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:41:44 UTC, 7
wrote:

81.103.190.89 Mark McIntyre wrote:

On 12 Apr 2005 10:21:41 -0700, "six-toes"
wrote:

every user has to pay BT 10 pounds for their BB connection to these
ficking crooks .


So what you're saying is, you should be allowed to use BT's equipment
for free. I dunno, seems fair enough to me. By the way please leave
your car outside my house tomorrow, so I can use it to drive to work.
And make sure there's plenty of petrol in it.



If you run your business as emotively as this, you will fail.

What we are saying is that you speaking on behalf of BT$
will never understand how to run a telecom business.

Unfortunately, someone as superbright as you don't understand
what a gravy train is and will come out astroturfing for BT$.
The fact is others are making tons of money on 9.99 a month
broadband when BT$ is over****ing the user.
The real global price is 1.50 per 2mb. A superbright chap


And this has nothing whatever to do with the point being made - which is
that BT need to charge an economic amount for the cost of the telephone
line.

See below.
--
[ 7'ism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
to give concise answers, express reasoned argument or opinion.
Usually accompanied by silly noises and gestures - incurable, early
euthanasia recommended. ]
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BT breaks down barrier to bring a million more customers within reach of broadband [email protected] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 1 August 19th 04 12:58 PM
BT pushes the limits to bring broadband Britain another step closer [email protected] uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 April 25th 04 03:56 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.