Wall Mount DG 834

Old April 12th 05, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger

Default Wall Mount DG 834

Does anyone know a good way to wall mount a DG834?

It would be ideal, for me, for it to be to fixed to the wall just above the
BT master socket.

Thanks
Roger

Old April 12th 05, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam Nelson

In article ,
"Roger" writes:
Does anyone know a good way to wall mount a DG834?

It would be ideal, for me, for it to be to fixed to the wall just above the
BT master socket.

I must admit, I haven't looked at the base of mine in months, but doesn't it
have screw-slots on the bottom for that? As in, you put two screws in the
wall the right distance apart and just hang it on them?
--
SAm. all sweeping generalisations are false
Old April 12th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

If you find a way, please post. I replaced an old blue Netgear hub which
had screwslots with one of these. Short of building a little shelf, I can't
see a way to do it!

Paul DS

Old April 12th 05, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Murphy

"Roger" wrote in message
Does anyone know a good way to wall mount a DG834?

It would be ideal, for me, for it to be to fixed to the wall just above
the BT master socket.

Thanks
Roger

You could discuss it with Netgear. It may pose issues as far as cooling is
concerned - don't these units get quite hot when working or is that just the
wireless capable ones?

Double sided sticky foam tape would be handy for a semi-permanent solution
if you didn't mind the paint peeling off the wall when you removed it and
providing heat isn't an issue.

Paul

Old April 12th 05, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Sam Nelson wrote:
In article ,
"Roger" writes:
Does anyone know a good way to wall mount a DG834?

It would be ideal, for me, for it to be to fixed to the wall just
above the BT master socket.

I must admit, I haven't looked at the base of mine in months, but
doesn't it have screw-slots on the bottom for that? As in, you put
two screws in the wall the right distance apart and just hang it on
them?

My DM602 (same size and design of case) certainly does.

Ivor

Old April 12th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Muxton

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:56:23 +0100, "Roger"
wrote:

Does anyone know a good way to wall mount a DG834?

It would be ideal, for me, for it to be to fixed to the wall just above the
BT master socket.

Thanks
Roger

http://www.netgear.co.uk/pdfs/dg834.pdf says it's wall-mountable.

My 834G has screw slots in the base, I would have thought the 834
would have the same.

Jake

Old April 12th 05, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

wrote:

Does anyone know a good way to wall mount a DG834?

It would be ideal, for me, for it to be to fixed to the wall just above

the
BT master socket.

Thanks
Roger

http://www.netgear.co.uk/pdfs/dg834.pdf says it's wall-mountable.

My 834G has screw slots in the base, I would have thought the 834
would have the same.

Jake

Link shows the earlier silver model. I've not spotted any screw slots in my
later white model.

Paul DS

Old April 12th 05, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Raven

Paul D.Smith wrote:

Link shows the earlier silver model. I've not spotted any screw slots in my
later white model.

Mine came with a white frame it clipped into for wall mounting. Used the
rectangular slot patterns round the case to clip into.

Tony
Old April 12th 05, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul D.Smith

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Paul D.Smith wrote:

Link shows the earlier silver model. I've not spotted any screw slots

in my
later white model.

Mine came with a white frame it clipped into for wall mounting. Used the
rectangular slot patterns round the case to clip into.

Tony

Is this the two part "stand"? If so, does it hold it securely and does it
"stand out" from the wall, a bit like a flag? I looked at this but could
not figure out how to mount it flat against the wall - but perhaps I missed
the obvious!

Paul DS.