When choosing your ADSL isp please note my story

Old April 12th 05, 02:31 PM posted to uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default When choosing your ADSL isp please note my story

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:47, Andy wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:47:17 +0100, wrote:

It runs from the dates 28 January 2005 to date [8 April 2005] ...
http://www.usenet.bravehost.com/adsl.html
Hope it never happens to you.

Well, I've never previously heard of 'Willow Internet' but there was clearly
some confusion with you having had a number change. Yes, I've been in some
similar position (I cancelled ADSL from Freeserve in early November 2003,
so I could take up free setup [on Datastream, so migration not an option])
but it wasn't until early in February of 2004 that ADSL was ceased (my last
payment had been in November 2003, fortunately). Unlike you, where Willow
did seem quite co-operative, Freeserve seemed to point blank refuse to be
ready to accept their cancellation had not gone through, until I found a
helpful tech support person who went far enough to sort it for me. At one
stage, Freeserve did give me the number for BT Wholesale and I spoke to them
a couple of times, but they were (because of the handling, with the ISP as
their customer and the 'end user' such as you or I having no rights over
the account) only willing to confirm that ADSL was still running with
no cancellation from Freeserve having been received...

I feel the situation (of the 'end user') having no way to legitimately get
action from BT on the line the 'end user' is paying for, is a mess, but it
generally works OK, and there's quite a lot of sense in the ISP having the
responsibility for contact with BT, as they both need to keep track of the
staus of outstanding orders, changes, faults, etc.

Your frustration is understood, but all I can do is wish you luck ! Peter.

--
Try a commercial news service - from 50 MB/day (once-only fee of $5 )
up to 1500 MB/day for 6 months $99.95, 600 GB over 6 months $149.75