Plusnet - confused, capping or not?

Old April 12th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Luxo

Default Plusnet - confused, capping or not?

Hi,

I thought a fair-usage policy was being introduced by Plusnet, even
with their Solo packages? The web site indicated unlimited for solo
for new subscribers - anyone know what the truth is?

Got fed up waiting on the sales line for someone to answer the phone.
Old April 12th 05, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Luxo wrote on Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:46 +0100:

I thought a fair-usage policy was being introduced by Plusnet, even
with their Solo packages? The web site indicated unlimited for solo
for new subscribers - anyone know what the truth is?

What Solo package? Pipex have a Solo product, Plusnet have Premier, Plus,
PAYG, and Teleworker. Are you sure you haven't mixed things up?

Dan

Old April 12th 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Luxo wrote:

Got fed up waiting on the sales line for someone to answer the phone.

That'll be Pipex, not Plusnet !

--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply
Old April 12th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean

On the Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:46 +0100, Luxo uttered forth the
following...
Hi,

I thought a fair-usage policy was being introduced by Plusnet, even
with their Solo packages? The web site indicated unlimited for solo
for new subscribers - anyone know what the truth is?

Got fed up waiting on the sales line for someone to answer the phone.

30Gb a month .
Old April 12th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Luxo

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:54:32 +0100, "Spack"
wrote:

Luxo wrote on Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:46 +0100:

I thought a fair-usage policy was being introduced by Plusnet, even
with their Solo packages? The web site indicated unlimited for solo
for new subscribers - anyone know what the truth is?

What Solo package? Pipex have a Solo product, Plusnet have Premier, Plus,
PAYG, and Teleworker. Are you sure you haven't mixed things up?

Dan

Sorry, with all the hunting got it mixed up - it is Pipex with the
Solo package, not Plusnet - so sorry.

Is it Plusnet or Pipex that are introducing the fair-usage policy?
Old April 12th 05, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

wrote:

Luxo wrote on Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:46 +0100:

I thought a fair-usage policy was being introduced by Plusnet, even
with their Solo packages? The web site indicated unlimited for solo
for new subscribers - anyone know what the truth is?

What Solo package? Pipex have a Solo product, Plusnet have Premier, Plus,
PAYG, and Teleworker. Are you sure you haven't mixed things up?

Dan

Sorry, with all the hunting got it mixed up - it is Pipex with the
Solo package, not Plusnet - so sorry.

Is it Plusnet or Pipex that are introducing the fair-usage policy?

Plusnet. I just moved to them from Pipex - I rarely get anywhere near the
30GB "peak cap" I've got on my account now, and it's cheaper than Pipex for
the same speed.

Dan

Old April 12th 05, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Sean wrote:
On the Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:46 +0100, Luxo uttered forth the
following...
Hi,

I thought a fair-usage policy was being introduced by Plusnet, even
with their Solo packages? The web site indicated unlimited for solo
for new subscribers - anyone know what the truth is?

Got fed up waiting on the sales line for someone to answer the phone.

30Gb a month .

Only if you never download between 1AM and 8AM, which is the uncapped
period.
Old April 12th 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Norman

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:46 +0100, Luxo wrote:

I thought a fair-usage policy was being introduced by Plusnet, even
with their Solo packages? The web site indicated unlimited for solo
for new subscribers - anyone know what the truth is?

It goes something like this.

Their Broadband Premier product is capped. You pay a fixed amount each
month and get a fixed number of gigabytes peak time downloads a month.
Downloads outside the peak time and uploads aren't counted against
your cap. You can exceed your cap two months in a row before they take
measures to restrict our usage. Off peak is 1am to 8am.

Their Broadband PAYG product is capped. You pay a fixed amount each
month and get a fixed number of gigabytes of downloads/uploads a
month. If you exceed your cap you are charged for each additional
gigabyte you use.

Their Broadband Plus product is not capped. You pay a fixed amount
each month, dependant on the speed of you line. They use traffic
shaping to reduce the speed of P2P and other heavy traffic during peak
hours.

The fair usage policy only applies to the Premier product.
--
Andy Norman
http://www.norman.cx/
Old April 14th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Andrew Norman wrote:

The fair usage policy only applies to the Premier product.

Further details of which can be found he-

http://www.plus.net/features/usage_guide.shtml

Kind Regards,