BT (Yahoo) requested MAC, told they are planning unlimited?

Old April 13th 05, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
narcissu

Default BT (Yahoo) requested MAC, told they are planning unlimited?

Hi,

After talking to people who did not appreciate what migration was, and
being passed around got talking to several people at BT - someone in
this group gave me a number some weeks back but I did not have it with
me.

Two customer support staff when looking up my number believed I was on
1Mb/s (after telling them I was on 2Mb/s) - typical, after repeatedly
telling them I had it for months, it was fine, and I did not need a
damn upgrade, they put me through to the MAC department.

The lady there was fine, even saying a migration should be apinless
moving from BT to another ISP - not bad customer support that. I was
worried as I joined BT Openworld whereby an engineer came and install
ed the service - you cannot migrate from an engineer install
apparently. It seems this often applies more to offices than home,
particularly with a move from 512 to 1 then to 2Mb/s.

Now, they eventually got me to stay a bit longer as they said in 102
months BT are introducing more packages including unlimited (for a
price I guess). Does anyone know if this is bull or true? I still hear
Maj/June for warnings and caps, but the BT webpages now say August? Is
August real - or is this more BT nonsense - you cannot have 2 dates -
one must be right.
Old April 13th 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

narcissu wrote on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:12:28 +0100:

Now, they eventually got me to stay a bit longer as they said in 102
months BT are introducing more packages including unlimited (for a

Wow, they give out info that far ahead now? I'm not sure I could wait over 8
years for BT to introduce new packages.

:P

Dan

Old April 13th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
:::Jerry::::

"narcissu" wrote in message

snip

Now, they eventually got me to stay a bit longer as they said in 102
months BT are introducing more packages including unlimited (for a
price I guess).

WOW, who knows what will happen in 8.5 years !

Old April 13th 05, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
narcissu

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:58:55 +0100, Monkeyballs wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:55:30 +0100, "Spack"
wrote:

narcissu wrote on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:12:28 +0100:

Now, they eventually got me to stay a bit longer as they said in 102
months BT are introducing more packages including unlimited (for a

1 - 2 months , or 1 to 2 months - ok now

Wow, they give out info that far ahead now? I'm not sure I could wait over 8
years for BT to introduce new packages.

:P

Dan

Lol you beat me to it!