Wanadoo

Old April 13th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Well_i_Wonder

Default Wanadoo

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading my Wanadoo 24hr dial up to broadband. 17.99 for
1Mb/ 2Gb limit. Think I can just about cope with the 2Gb limit as they say
they give a bit of leeway as long as you don't repeatably go over.

Any general opinions on Wanadoo's service? I haven't had any problems with
my dial up.

Unfortunaltely I'm on a fairly rural exchange and can't get ukonline's new
9.99 offer.

Cost is the main factor really, I can't justify paying a connection fee or
more than 18 a month.

Any other ISP's I should look at? Was looking at Virgin and Tiscali but
heard bad things.

Thanks.

W.

Old April 13th 05, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SparkysDream

"Well_i_Wonder" ...

Any general opinions on Wanadoo's service? I haven't had any problems with
my dial up.

Dial up with wanadoo was fine but their broadband is shocking. Avoid
Tiscali, Wanadoo, and AOL. Check out PlusNet, Pipex, f2s, Metronet, and
Zen.

Old April 13th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gzl

"SparkysDream" wrote in message
"Well_i_Wonder" ...

Any general opinions on Wanadoo's service? I haven't had any

problems with
my dial up.

Dial up with wanadoo was fine but their broadband is shocking.

I'm on Wanadoo broadband with no complaints.

Old April 13th 05, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John...

"SparkysDream" wrote in message
"Well_i_Wonder" ...

Any general opinions on Wanadoo's service? I haven't had any problems

with
my dial up.

Dial up with wanadoo was fine but their broadband is shocking. Avoid
Tiscali, Wanadoo, and AOL. Check out PlusNet, Pipex, f2s, Metronet, and
Zen.

What's shocking about Wanadoo BB,mine is perfect?
No problems at all.
John

Old April 13th 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:08:22 +0100, "SparkysDream"
wrote:

"Well_i_Wonder" ...

Any general opinions on Wanadoo's service? I haven't had any problems with
my dial up.

Dial up with wanadoo was fine but their broadband is shocking. Avoid
Tiscali, Wanadoo, and AOL. Check out PlusNet, Pipex, f2s, Metronet, and
Zen.

Utter rubbish! I have been on Wanadoo 1Meg 2Gb for half a year and I
have had no trouble with them at all.

Explain how you reach your conclusion that Wanadoo is 'shocking'.....

Old April 13th 05, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Harry wrote:
:
: Dial up with wanadoo was fine but their broadband is shocking. Avoid
: Tiscali, Wanadoo, and AOL. Check out PlusNet, Pipex, f2s, Metronet, and
: Zen.
:
: Utter rubbish! I have been on Wanadoo 1Meg 2Gb for half a year and I
: have had no trouble with them at all.

: Explain how you reach your conclusion that Wanadoo is 'shocking'.....

Fully agree!! I have been with Freeserve/Wanadoo for 2 years and technically
they have been nearly flawless (with excellent transfer speeds). Their CS
has, in the past, been pretty poor - but it seems a whole lot better now!
Old April 13th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SparkysDream

"Harry" ......

Utter rubbish! I have been on Wanadoo 1Meg 2Gb for half a year and I
have had no trouble with them at all.

Explain how you reach your conclusion that Wanadoo is 'shocking'.....

Just from personal experience really. Customer service was appalling and
they didn't know what they were talking about half the time. Even when I
cancelled dialup, they didn't terminate it and make a note on my records.
They then refused to believe that I cancelled it so I ended up paying an
extra month.

A friend also "tried" to sign up, but gave up after 8 weeks. Basically they
said that he didn't have a BT line installed despite having one for over 10
years. Customer support gave him no help whatsoever and kept passing the
buck to BT. In the end he went with Pipex and it went through smoothly
within a few days.

It's not "rubbish". I cannot recommend wanadoo, so I don't.

Old April 13th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:29:00 +0100, "SparkysDream"
wrote:

"Harry" ......

[...]

Well thats your experience of their customer service, but that doesnt
explain you saying that their broadband is shocking...
Old April 13th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Morgan

Well_i_Wonder wrote:
Hi,

Any general opinions on Wanadoo's service? I haven't had any problems with
my dial up.

I have been with Freeserve/Wanadoo for years and have had their broadband
service since it started. I have been a very happy customer with no
complaints at all with the service that I have received.

I have just got my MAC number from them as I am thinking about going over
to the 8mb UK Online, as it is available for me at 29.99 per month. But
even with such a strong offer like that I am still tempted to stay as
Wanadoo has been so good it is hard to move.

--
Regards

Morgan

Hard drive noise...
www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk
Old April 13th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Brian McIlwrath wrote:
Harry wrote:

Dial up with wanadoo was fine but their broadband is shocking.
Avoid Tiscali, Wanadoo, and AOL. Check out PlusNet, Pipex, f2s,
Metronet, and Zen.

Utter rubbish! I have been on Wanadoo 1Meg 2Gb for half a year and
I have had no trouble with them at all.

Explain how you reach your conclusion that Wanadoo is
'shocking'.....

Fully agree!! I have been with Freeserve/Wanadoo for 2 years and
technically they have been nearly flawless (with excellent transfer
speeds). Their CS has, in the past, been pretty poor - but it seems
a whole lot better now!

Same here, especially since I found out the geographic number for tech
support..! (Thanks to www.saynoto0870.co.uk..!)

Ivor