Riddle me this

Old April 13th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Default Riddle me this

Subscribers to plusnet.service.customer-feedback will recognise this one
- trying here because there's more people :0)

Many routers are tried,
Different chipsets all round.
The magic Intel USB gains synch,
From the rest, bugger all.

We had no problems at our old house but for the past year since moving,
we have had trouble getting synchronisation. I thought the problem had
cleared up as we haven't seen it for a while but here we are again.

We have been through several routers - Asus, Westell, Dynamode, Linksys,
3Com and ALL of them from time to time decide that the connection has
gone down and won't come back up.

The BT engineers always use their Intel USB modems and they always
connect. Tonight (edit: now yesterday) this posting is brought to you
courtesy of a borrowed Intel USB modem whilst my selection of routers all
refuse to sych.

There is no way that all these routers have exactly the same fault - I
have had a lift and shift between the two separate DSLAMs at my local
exchange but nothing makes a difference.

So I end this post with a simple question...

WTF?

--
Colin
Old April 14th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

cw wrote in news:[email protected]
212.159.2.85:

So I end this post with a simple question...

WTF?

I take the lack of response means everyone else is as stumped as I. Oh
well :0/

--
Colin

Old April 14th 05, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

vivian stanshall wrote in
news:[email protected] eranews:

filters?

wiring?

All replaced more than once. All tested by BT engineers even though they
aren't supposed to go further than the master socket. They even went so
far as to wreck my network cupboard (router needed a factory reset to get
it working after they cocked it up and the wires had to be pulled out and
done again).

I get exactly the same problem plugged directly into the master socket
with no filters/extensions or anything else plugged in.

--
Colin
Old April 14th 05, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Third dropout in 3 nights after 2 months no problems. Bah, at least this
time we managed to get a woosh done with the fault present which actually
stated it was a BT fault - not like BT to have anything admitted that
easily :0)

--
Colin