Does the broadband signal pass through a mains spike filter?

Old April 14th 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

Default Does the broadband signal pass through a mains spike filter?

My line is about to be changed over to broadband in the next couple of days.
Currently I've got my analogue line passing through a mains spike filter
which also offers lightning protection for the phone line. Is it likely that
this will pass the higher frequencies of the broadband signal or must I
connect the microfilter directly to the wall socket?

wall
skt --------- spike filter -------- microfilter ------- phone/modem
+---------- ADSL router

wall
skt ------------------------------- microfilter ------- phone/modem
+---------- ADSL router

Old April 14th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
higgy

"Martin Underwood" wrote:

My line is about to be changed over to broadband in the next couple of
days. Currently I've got my analogue line passing through a mains
spike filter which also offers lightning protection for the phone
line. Is it likely that this will pass the higher frequencies of the
broadband signal or must I connect the microfilter directly to the
wall socket?

Works fine with the microfilter plugged into my Belkin Surgemaster.

higgy.
Old April 14th 05, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven P

"higgy" wrote in message
"Martin Underwood" wrote:

My line is about to be changed over to broadband in the next couple of
days. Currently I've got my analogue line passing through a mains
spike filter which also offers lightning protection for the phone
line. Is it likely that this will pass the higher frequencies of the
broadband signal or must I connect the microfilter directly to the
wall socket?

Works fine with the microfilter plugged into my Belkin Surgemaster.

higgy.

Same here, I run my DG834G through a surgeprotector which does both mains
and phone line.

Its a good idea to run one, my PC stays online 24/7 so its very much needed.